SDX Drags-Reese Hitch Press

Craig_C

Resident Smartass
So anyone from the crew that was using a floor jack and the reese hitch (with a whole crew of people in the bed) as a press? I didnt see for sure but I assume you guys were "pressing" and overdrive unit back together?

yep. Twisted the factory output. HUGE thanks to Suncoast for picking up an overdrive snap ring and an alignment shaft from Fleece's on Saturday after midnight. Back together for racing on Sunday morning!

I should have made this a "Weird sights at SDX drags".

Like the formentioned "press",

The Suncoast team the has Cal-Tracs on their tow truck, and no traction device on the "race truck" that was on the trailer.

The diesel Volvos (I never knew they made a diesel Volvo....WTF?)

The two guys with Mullets over the fence by the pulling track.

The Sprinter van, who after he was eliminated, came right down the return road, right out of the parking lot and left the event.

Lol, the TS girl, who dropped 4 frisbies in front of me, said I could have them all. I think she was tired, ready to go, and told me in a worn out voice, "we still have two more boxes to give out"

Mink if you would have came over to the drag strip you could have helped me and Matt !! But guess that batmowheel dosent get good enough mileage to drive to the other side of the fair grounds.

Mink if you would have came over to the drag strip you could have helped me and Matt !! But guess that batmowheel dosent get good enough mileage to drive to the other side of the fair grounds.

guilty..

but on topic..whatsup with this bull**** huge tow hook craze? so phucking dumb

Also thanks to the guy net to us who's name I can't rember his name .for letting us barrow his jack . Wane ,brandon, riley and everyone else that helped with the making of the track side press!!

The diesel Volvos (I never knew they made a diesel Volvo....WTF?)

There are an ass ton of diesel Volvos (and every other car make) in Europe. Not that many in the U.S. though.

What model? I know some late 70's and 80's Volvo 200-series came with inline-5 and inline-6 cylinder VW diesels.

Found this real quick-

"In 1979 Volvo introduced a diesel engine that was purchased from Volkswagen, similar in design to that used in diesel Volkswagen and Audi vehicles at the time. These engines were all liquid-cooled pre-combustion chamber diesel engines with non-sleeved iron blocks and aluminum heads. A Bosch mechanical injection system was used that required constant electrical input so that the fuel supply could be cut off when the ignition key was removed. A 2.4 litre inline 6 (the D24) and a 2.0 litre inline 5 (the D20) were available, producing 82 bhp (61 kW) and 69 bhp (51 kW) respectively. A turbocharged diesel was never sold in the 200 series Volvo."

And of course Volvo has made there own diesel engines since the 1950's for there trucks, machines, the marine world, etc.

Did the Volvos at SDX still have the VW engines or did they have something different?

I think it would be hilarious to see some junky 80's Volvo come up to the line and suprise everyone with run in the 10's.

So anyone from the crew that was using a floor jack and the reese hitch (with a whole crew of people in the bed) as a press? I didnt see for sure but I assume you guys were "pressing" and overdrive unit back together?

you making fun of my press? LOL. thanks again to the suncoast crew for the hookup on the OD snap-ring, and for the guys that let us use their jack

I should have made this a "Weird sights at SDX drags".

Like the formentioned "press",

The Suncoast team the has Cal-Tracs on their tow truck, and no traction device on the "race truck" that was on the trailer.

HEY! That's my truck with the cal tracs! bif

Which is currently limping home in 5th gear because 600hp and 13k behind me has ruined 6th gear in my NV which is getting yanked tomorrow and replaced with a 47

and that traction less race truck cut some 1.6X 60's this weekend and won saturday's 7.70 class :woohoo:

you making fun of my press? LOL. thanks again to the suncoast crew for the hookup on the OD snap-ring, and for the guys that let us use their jack

:Cheer:

if it makes you feel any better my black tow truck with caltracs has an S475/83 single and the white race truck is running a "baby" S472/83

i might add the caltracs do very well towing :)

HEY! That's my truck with the cal tracs! bif

Which is currently limping home in 5th gear because 600hp and 13k behind me has ruined 6th gear in my NV which is getting yanked tomorrow and replaced with a 47

and that traction less race truck cut some 1.6X 60's this weekend and won saturday's 7.70 class :woohoo:

:Cheer:

Lol thought it was funny! Good looking truck either way! BTW, I could use some Suncoast stickers to go with my Suncoast kit (that was the wrong kit for the year) but its in and banging gears like no other!

thanks!

should have asked when I was there i have some in the glovebox!

now you'll have to drive all the way to FWB and pick up my beer/wings tab in order to get stickers out of me

thanks!

should have asked when I was there i have some in the glovebox!

now you'll have to drive all the way to FWB and pick up my beer/wings tab in order to get stickers out of me

Sure, but the Cal-Tracs gotta come home with me with the stickers!

Back