SDX Weather Thread

Phooker

Gluten Free
I know I know, burn me at the stake...but it's looking pretty good right now.
terrehaute.jpg

Lets hope it stays that way. Lately it has been raining every year at SDX.

Never EVER start a weather thread before an event. WTF is wrong with you?

Never EVER start a weather thread before an event. WTF is wrong with you?
I figured I'd be "that guy" this is a positive one. Look at that, 0% chance the three days prior. I just don't want it to be ungodly hot.

I'll say it. It has rained every Friday the past five years I have attended.

If its like it has been around here lately.....Prepare for Awesomeness!!!!!

80 and no Humidity is freakn great!!! i would almost venture to say.....Pack some sweatshirts.....

Im gonna kick you in the teeth for jinxin the weather now... But yes every fri has been bad for awhile now.

Son..it's Indiana, are you REALLY going to say "it's looking good right now"
Those folks at the State Fair said the same thing, then Sugarland brought the house down on 'em!

Those folks at the State Fair said the same thing, then Sugarland brought the house down on 'em!
Ouch. Too Soon Roy.... :doh:LOL

That comment was bullsh!t and uncalled for at any time! If one of those people were your friends or family you might feel differently, but just being an average human with less than average intelligence would know that!

That comment was bullsh!t and uncalled for at any time! If one of those people were your friends or family you might feel differently, but just being an average human with less than average intelligence would know that!

Look Mr. Sensitivity, I lived less than an hour from the Indiana State Fairgrounds for 25 years...Would you stand under an unstable wind block during a tornado warning, and expect nothing to happen? Did you see the sky? Tornado sirens were going off, Indianapolis isn't shy about using those, at all. That's about the same as feeling bad for someone who gets struck by lightning while swimming in a salt water pool with a golf club during a thunderstorm.

Also, if you're going to make an attempt to insult my intelligence, I suggest you do some proof-reading on your own post.

Last edited:
Unless its calling for a hurricane for a week in both directions GO to the event!! Weather, sheesh!

You sound like a bunch of old women.

I still live less than an hour from there. No, I wouldn't be at any concert under any circumstances! There was no tornado warning at that time only a severe thunderstorm warning. About 2 months ago Marion Co. and all the surrounding counties along with the National Weather Service agreed to NOT use the sirens unless there was a actual tornado warning because they were going off so often no one new what they were for. As far as being sensitive for poking fun at innocent lives lost, yeah I do have a problem with that! As far as me attempting to insult your intelligence, I'm not, you did a fine job of that on your own.

Here is the story feel free to read it. I says nothing about tornado warnings.
If I'm the only one who feels this way then, this isn't a place I want to be!

U.S.
Five Killed, Dozens Injured as Stage Collapses at Indiana State Fair

Read more: Five Killed, Dozens Injured as Stage Collapses at Indiana State Fair - FoxNews.com

You're right, it was only a severe t-storm warning, I guess that changes everything..

Bursten said fair officials had begun preparing in case they needed to evacuate visitors for the impending storm. Additional state troopers had been moved to the grandstand to help in the event of an evacuation, according to the Indiana State Police. Concert-goers and other witnesses said an announcer warned them of impending bad weather but gave conflicting accounts of whether emergency sirens at the fair sounded.

Large-venue weather disasters are not “acts of God”, they are failures of people. Why? Because the great majority of time, such weather now is predictable. Most of the of time in the modern era of forecasting, the potential for severe weather in the area is predicted before any disaster occurs. Indianapolis was in a severe thunderstorm outlook, watch and warning. The fair announcer reported severe weather was headed that way. And yet, the show must go on…really? Common sense must prevail at some point.

Last edited:
You're right, it was only a severe t-storm warning, I guess that changes everything..

Large-venue weather disasters are not “acts of God”, they are failures of people. Why? Because the great majority of time, such weather now is predictable. Most of the of time in the modern era of forecasting, the potential for severe weather in the area is predicted before any disaster occurs. Indianapolis was in a severe thunderstorm outlook, watch and warning. The fair announcer reported severe weather was headed that way. And yet, the show must go on…really? Common sense must prevail at some point.

I never said mistakes were not made, on the State Polices part, Fair Boards part or even the spectators part. I said, it was uncalled for to poke fun at people dieing. Everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves, I agree, but they were being told less than 1 min before it collapsed that all was ok and sugarland would be on in 5 min. All I'm saying is the people who died could have been anyone's family, even yours. I just hope no tragedy like this ever strikes you or your family to make you understand where I'm coming from!

Back