secondary hitches

For how easy they are to make and hook up I do not know why more places do not use them. Just this weekend at a local event one "street" truck broke his hitch and another "modified" truck broke his. Luckily both were at the end of their hook and were able to stop easily without incident, but a secondary hitch would have stopped both.

PPL has it as a rule and Badger state tractor pullers also

but do they use it?

me an a buddy were going to go to hilsboro friday night with his 3.0 open driveline truck, till we saw the rules for the hitch. my other buddy owns the super farm tractor Wild Buck and all the years i ran with him ive never seen the secondary hitch used on that or any other tractor or trucks.

im not compailing or anything just wondering if they are being used.

we have a #6200 SS truck in are club break his hitch at the end of his pull a few weeks ago, luckly there was room to get it stopped.

I believe a set of saftey chain atleast should be mandatory for all classes having them mounted directly to the frame rails and the hooking point so that in the even of either a hitch pin or the whole hitch give way, then it will be there to at least help to keep the truck from breaking completly free. try to have them also some how atatched to the safty kill so that it will imediatly be pulled and the truck will basically already be shutting down right before the chains get tight.

Badger state will give you a pass for the weekend. They just want trucks. If you read PPL and also I think NTPA they all state that any pulling vehicle over 7500 lbs needs the second hitch. That is why the lighter class doesn't have them.

Yes they do want them on but they want truck count more, so show up and you will pull.

but do they use it?

me an a buddy were going to go to hilsboro friday night with his 3.0 open driveline truck, till we saw the rules for the hitch. my other buddy owns the super farm tractor Wild Buck and all the years i ran with him ive never seen the secondary hitch used on that or any other tractor or trucks.

im not compailing or anything just wondering if they are being used.

we have a #6200 SS truck in are club break his hitch at the end of his pull a few weeks ago, luckly there was room to get it stopped.

They were letting the members get away without one, Ramtough was one of them lol and whats keeping you from coming? What truck was it? Hillsboro is a great pull and itd be great to get a new truck in the mix

I have a second hitch it aint pretty but it passed all i did was bolt it to my traction bar mounts took some angle welding a clivis for the opening and chains up to the frame i will make a better one this winter but for now it works

I have a second hitch it aint pretty but it passed all i did was bolt it to my traction bar mounts took some angle welding a clivis for the opening and chains up to the frame i will make a better one this winter but for now it works

Now you do lol before not so much but I dnt care, just sayin is all

Here is ours

20063_336201542304_504057304_3274998_2827942_n.jpg

IMG_1892-1.jpg

They were letting the members get away without one, Ramtough was one of them lol and whats keeping you from coming? What truck was it? Hillsboro is a great pull and itd be great to get a new truck in the mix

its sfulrath's truck, he is on here. we' ll get a set of duals made for next year and try to get some hooks up north with you guys. pretty sure dave and josh stahls are going up and maybe strissle.

the point of the secondary hook is not to stop the vehicle, but to help slow down the truck/break its forward momentum. most people freak when something breaks, ex. drive shaft fails leed to the sled kissing the bed when someone slams the breaks. now that brings in the sled stop argument, i could go on and on

Back