secondary to compliment a 488

T-MAN

misunderstood
Just looking to see what guys are running as a secondary under a s488sxe with a 96 1.32 on the exhaust side. 12 valve with a 13mm pump and 2500 stall converter. Goal around 1000 hp > wanting to stay with a s400 frame charger on the manifold. Thanks in advance

It's a crt ball bearing s485 with their comp cover, I've heard is similar to the sxe cover, so I've been told anyway.
It's supposed to flow similar?
What's 3mm, ha

All said and done I'd just have bought the sxe488.
This was before that charger was even available. Would have been way cheaper.

I know you said you want to stay with an s400, but i did 1157hp at the crank with a 13mm an s369 with a 1.0 turbine housing and a 488. My s369 is probably on borrowed time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you said you want to stay with an s400, but i did 1157hp at the crank with a 13mm an s369 with a 1.0 turbine housing and a 488. My s369 is probably on borrowed time

I hope it doesn't because I just got a S369! They can survive a crazy high pressure ratio so it should be OK. I'm shooting for 1000rwhp too, and was thinking about a 82mm as the low pressure but wasn't sure if it was enough turbo. What kind of boost did you see with the 69/88 setup?

I hope it doesn't because I just got a S369! They can survive a crazy high pressure ratio so it should be OK. I'm shooting for 1000rwhp too, and was thinking about a 82mm as the low pressure but wasn't sure if it was enough turbo. What kind of boost did you see with the 69/88 setup?

70 psi out of the 369 and 38 psi out of the 88. When I had the .90 housing on the 369 The overall boost was 119 psi lol

Just looking to see what guys are running as a secondary under a s488sxe with a 96 1.32 on the exhaust side. 12 valve with a 13mm pump and 2500 stall converter. Goal around 1000 hp > wanting to stay with a s400 frame charger on the manifold. Thanks in advance

Love my setup, but if I were to change I'd go back to a 366sxe with the 1.0. Shares the same exducer as the 69 wheel, yet would compound better and provide a more friendly power curve for a street strip setup.

There is a thread somewhere of a red second gen that did somewhere around 1200 fuel on a 472/488 setup, then 1500+ on the bottle. Nasty 12 valve built by bluegrass diesel. If you’re looking for competition only and maybe a little street time go that route, lots of potential in those two.

70 psi out of the 369 and 38 psi out of the 88. When I had the .90 housing on the 369 The overall boost was 119 psi lol

Thanks for the replies, Do you drag race or street drive and dyno? What converter are you running and how did it spool up for you? I know the bigger we go the more we give up down low. was wondering where the 369/488 comes alive. Same for you Jason, Ill ask here incase somebody else is playing with this combo... 467/485

I guess I will also ask how small can you get away with before its an unbalanced set of twins? has a manifold external gate available.

Love my setup, but if I were to change I'd go back to a 366sxe with the 1.0. Shares the same exducer as the 69 wheel, yet would compound better and provide a more friendly power curve for a street strip setup.

mega, you feel your 364 was a little small to put under the 488? did you lose boost or did the egts go up.. or was the 364 out of air before the 488 fully lit and when it did it hit like a hammer... your a 6.7 so its a different animal in many ways... but still curious

There is a thread somewhere of a red second gen that did somewhere around 1200 fuel on a 472/488 setup, then 1500+ on the bottle. Nasty 12 valve built by bluegrass diesel. If you’re looking for competition only and maybe a little street time go that route, lots of potential in those two.

One day ill learn to multi quote, sorry guys

That red truck was for sale on here, that setup made power but from what im told not much of anything below 3000 rpm... Maybe the new owner will chime in. Does anybody think a 72/ 88 compressor are sized a little close for a compound setup? I think that 72 will do 800hp alone.

I've got a GT4718/1.08 next to the S472/83/1.0 on my truck, have yet to turn the pump up but it made a nice different already. The manifold charger comes up quicker now and it stays on boost easier when short shifting around town.

Thanks for the replies, Do you drag race or street drive and dyno? What converter are you running and how did it spool up for you? I know the bigger we go the more we give up down low. was wondering where the 369/488 comes alive. Same for you Jason, Ill ask here incase somebody else is playing with this combo... 467/485

I guess I will also ask how small can you get away with before its an unbalanced set of twins? has a manifold external gate available.

Street drive mainly, with some sort drags and gonna go to some local no prep races hopefully next month, but I have a stock stall dpc triple disc. It spoils incredibly well. I my crewcab first gen with no issues, egts were a little warm cruising, but it’s a great all around setup, I honestly love the way it drives. I don’t have a tach in my truck so not to sure what rpm I’m at but it seriously is not laggy at all to me.

Now that's what I'm talkin about! :rockwoot: How did that intercooler hold up??

mega, you feel your 364 was a little small to put under the 488? did you lose boost or did the egts go up.. or was the 364 out of air before the 488 fully lit and when it did it hit like a hammer... your a 6.7 so its a different animal in many ways... but still curious

If you have enough wastegate the big/small combo works really well, you'll just have more of a gasser style power curve than a table top. I think Darren Morrison ran like a 62 over a 95 or something nutty on his truck back in the day.

That red truck was for sale on here, that setup made power but from what im told not much of anything below 3000 rpm... Maybe the new owner will chime in. Does anybody think a 72/ 88 compressor are sized a little close for a compound setup? I think that 72 will do 800hp alone.

88's are super mean turbos, I think they're far enough apart still. $.02
See how cool multi-quote is?? LOL

Now that's what I'm talkin about! :rockwoot: How did that intercooler hold up??

If you have enough wastegate the big/small combo works really well, you'll just have more of a gasser style power curve than a table top. I think Darren Morrison ran like a 62 over a 95 or something nutty on his truck back in the day.

88's are super mean turbos, I think they're far enough apart still. $.02

See how cool multi-quote is?? LOL

lol we were shocked to see that boost number. The end tanks on the intercooler started to swell... lol ? it’s a on3.

The 364sxe pairs really well for quickspooling purposes and setup cleans up the 135% overs nicely with 2300pulse width. The reason Isay switch to a larger secondary is specific to the larger exducer on the 66sxe.

From the recent video Lavon put on YouTube doing a rundown on the quadcab he runs the same ETR488 from Forced Inductions like I have, and it feeds a 72 on the manifold and hes running 275% over injectors with a single 14mm pump. He does about all you can want with that truck, including towing 22k gross comfortably he said in the video.

10 SECOND TOW TRUCK, RACE TRUCK, AND DAILY DRIVER - THE QUAD CAB - YouTube

Last edited:
Back