Seems a lot of 05's spin rod bearings

StuckinMud

Absolutely Clueless....
Solo..as the title says..
Why are they doing this.. when mine went I had no indicators just all of a sudden on a motor that only had 85k and tuned/driven hard for about 15k.

So anyone know what's up and if and what should be addressed while its apart?

Free rev any? You did say you have driven hard for 15k.

I haven't seen a pattern following 05, most problems originate from lack of oil quality.

Lavon

Spun bearing are a direct result of oil related failures, or piss poor maintenance, and not year specific.

Yea oil quality is my first thought... only one bearing all others perfect. Also I am pretty religious about clean oil, filters and maintenance etc. In fact there was less than 500 miles on that oil. Yes its driven hard but never once when cold. Its an auto so no oops 7k rpm oh chits! However...cr injectors can happen.. yet this thing ran smooth and all cylinders had perfect and matching patterns.

Maybe it just stands out to me but I see a lot of 05's lately stating they spun a bearing. was curious if I should be looking at something not so obvious.

Friday engines? Built with a little too tight clearance and they wanted to go home and said eff it. It was just tight enough to go now, but loose enough to last that long. Haha

Oil contamination is ~95% of rod failures on ANY engine.

Most of the windowed blocks you see with CR's are almost always ran with contaminated oil, generally from a blown head gasket.

Back