Seriously

3rd by god if I can't sell AMC Gremlin **** on AMC forum without 30 posts or some ****

compD should have a 250 post minimum!

I have to agree with these guys. While I haven't sold anything on here, it's crazy to check up through my phone and see nothing but multiple sales posts from the same member taking up space.

Just my $.02

I'm not saying anything big like 250, maybe 25, but it will discourage people from making accounts just to sell their stuff.

No post minimum...the mods should make the classifieds a locked section that requires a member to be given access to

Not going to happen. Lots of good members came here in the beginning just to sell an item/truck.

The idea seems good on paper, but can you imagine how many dumbass threads there would be with jagoffs bumping themselves to get their post count up.
It's bad enough now with the 10 post minimum to send PM's.

I'm not saying anything big like 250, maybe 25, but it will discourage people from making accounts just to sell their stuff.

I think it should be high....for a few reasons..

1. Stops spammers
2. Would you trust a newb to sell something, and be honest of it's condition?
3. just because...if they don't like CompD's rules...then phuck them.

It's nice to have a TON of options when I got to buy something for my dodge. Classifies section is just fine the way I see it.

To me post count means nothing I'm on here almost every day and I don't post very much most of my time is spent reading.

Last edited:
To me post count means nothing I'm on here almost every day and I don't post very much most of my time is spent reading.

for the sake of the conversation -

it 'does' matter that someone be a contributing member of the group/forum. Even if the post requirement is not high it still weeds out people who only sign up to sell parts; realistically lurkers add nothing to the forum....until they start posting! It is basically a double-edged sword for those who are new to the stuff that is discussed often here, however riding that fine line is key to being a successful addition to the community.

Let people post stuff for sale IDGAF. I won't buy from somebody that has a low post count and hasn't been here that long. Its the people that have low reading comprehension and buy from somebody that hasn't proved themselves who then ***** cause they got shafted.

Back