setup help for newbe

wise guy

poop box hero
I'm looking for some principle setup help. My truck is pretty much to rules 44in to center reese style hitch 26hi solid rear suspension my question Is does it matter how high the rear of the truck is? rake angle wise. I've noticed other trucks sit very high in the rear nose down does it matter? does it transfer weight to truck differently? Ideally how should front end suspension react stiff front vs soft. last time I ran the truck I broke my pinion so I'm re gearing the truck is it better to run lower axle gears and let axle do the work or transmission or ? I'm looking for some explination. currently i'm running 3.73 35x12.5x17 bfg 3rd low. what is ideal? Also advantages auto vs manual transmission disadvantage?

You ll get many different opinions on rake here. I'm personally a fan of the rear sittin up higher.. Read through this and you'll see both sides:
Truck Rake - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Not trying to be an @$$, but everything your asking is on here..

Thank you for the link I searched for hours reading a lot of crap. I'm just trying to understand principle's of a pulling truck not reading oralers in the wild

Last edited:
Back