SFI Spec Changes for Prostreet? Is 2016 the perfect storm?

I think if the track allows it, we need to just let it go. It will be eye-opening for SFI if you look at the radial world. They ran way faster than their certification of their class weight for a while before changes got made. But it's heads up racing and they let it happen.
I agree with this guy. But then we've got the factor brought up below. Does that ultimately come down to Sanctioning body or does it come down to each individual track?

It all comes down to the fact that most all of the tracks are NHRA sponsored tracks. Somebody gets hurt because they let somebody go faster than what they were certified to, big legal repercussions are in order.

As much as it sucks, it has come to an 8.50 index class until NHRA lets the class go faster.

Going to see a lot of guys running to the end and slamming on brakes. Sounds like DHRA circa 06.

Ryan

I know where everybody is coming from. Trust me, my family owned a dragstrip. God forbid anything ever happens, but if somebody was to wreck, do you really think they're going to weight the truck afterwards?

I have a great ideal! Until SFI does something, we should combine classes and everybody weigh 6000lb!?

I know where everybody is coming from. Trust me, my family owned a dragstrip. God forbid anything ever happens, but if somebody was to wreck, do you really think they're going to weight the truck afterwards?

Now we are talking LOL... Ok fine, meet in the middle at 5250 and ditch super street. WOW that would a HUGE fast class. So much for that diet Krazeeun. Put that chit back on LOL

Jesus he lives and breathes, where the hell have you been, first I see Tomac back on here and how you. I wondered if you were still kicking?

Hey Ken,

Been good and you?

I've been traveling and playing golf:snoop:

Hey Ken,

Been good and you?

I've been traveling and playing golf:snoop:

Good to see you're alive Greg, just wintering out here in the mild calm west. Working on the gasser a little and looking forward to April and racing. Also looking forward to driving to Salt Lake and taking in the Ultimate Callout Challenge. Should be fun, hope there is a good turn out.

Last edited:
Jesus he lives and breathes, where the hell have you been, first I see Tomac back on here and how you. I wondered if you were still kicking?

he drives a damn ferrari now ... he has moved on to greener and grayer pastures .. :hehe:

I suppose pro street will eventually be limited to 1/8 mile until this gets sorted out.

I suppose pro street will eventually be limited to 1/8 mile until this gets sorted out.

I thought that is what most prostreet guys want is 1/8 mile? Isn't that is what they race in the Outlaw series? NHRDA races 1/4 but there are not many prostreet trucks that raced NHRDA in 2015.

I thought that is what most prostreet guys want is 1/8 mile? Isn't that is what they race in the Outlaw series? NHRDA races 1/4 but there are not many prostreet trucks that raced NHRDA in 2015.

Because nhrda refuses to go 1/8mile. ..some have left that org. Imo it should be up to the racers at the drivers meeting. It's not hard to change the clock when changing classes.

Wade makes a good point.

Just so you know, I'm not as smart as I think I am.

I race a lot of 1/8 mile now because that is what the local strip is. It's all over on the launch, really tough to run someone down in an 1/8 mile. I'm sure the prostreet guys break less parts in an 1/8 mile and it's quicker to cool them down. Guess that's why I always preferred Super Street and 1/4 mile racing.

I'm sure everyone has seen this video, its from 2008 I believe and this prostreet truck isn't going that fast.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFs45axvfA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFs45axvfA[/ame]

Attachments

• e58e0f8fbed5dd8f7f4132847260fe12.jpg
    e58e0f8fbed5dd8f7f4132847260fe12.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back