Shallow cummins oil pan for Cuda transplant

oldsmokey

Does anyone know of a shallow cummins cr oil pan or if one can even be used? Im hoping to start a plymouth cuda project in the near future with a cr cummins transplant. I dont know if it will even come close to fitting as i dont have the car yet. Im just trying to get an idea what might be out there to help with the project.

I just like the idea of great mileage and 600 hp. The rest of the car will have modern parts as well disk brakes, air bag suspension, four link. Basically a new grand touring car with a cuda body. The cuda is my fiancés pick

I understand where you guys are coming from but I already have the motor and the car and since the rest of the car will be modern why keep the 340 in it

Are you for real?? Sounds like a bad idea, just my opinion though. What's wrong with a LS1 or something?

I got one i'd sell came out of an 05 vette

LS1.jpg

Its just different, I have a complete cr motor, and I like going against the norm. Although a duramax would likely be an easier swap

whatever floats your boat down the river i guess. About the oil pan, just modify one, they are just stamped steel. Oil pickup pipe if it dont fit, just make your own.

I posted a thread with pictures and instructions regarding shortening the oil pan and pickup tube.

Dont let the other guys ruin your plans....they can all have boring small blocks in thier cudas.

I understand where you guys are coming from but I already have the motor and the car and since the rest of the car will be modern why keep the 340 in it

You have the car? You don't have the car? Which one is it? Sorry I've tried to like the muscle car swaps, especially a car like a cuda they are rare enough as it is and it's going to be ruined with a cummins swap.

While I won't opine on the worthiness of the swap, I would suggest making a dry sump/semi dry sump affair if possible. There is a reason they have such a large oil capacity.

Greg at ZZ makes some really good pans as well as adapters for this kind of swap

DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN0878.jpg

I have the car but not here to get measurements, and its nothing special, if it was a 440 hemi car that would be a different store.

Dont let the other guys ruin your plans....they can all have boring small blocks in thier cudas.

Who said anything about a boring small block? If the guy wants to do it then go ahead, everyone will think it's cool when it's done, I'd rather see a duramax in there if it was going to happen. Guess I'm just the only one tired of seeing another cummins swap.

I have the car but not here to get measurements, and its nothing special, if it was a 440 hemi car that would be a different store.

How many cudas do you see on the road compared to the other muscle cars of that era?

Back