Shattered a 3rd Dana 70!!

Old Blue

Cormier Familly Racing
Shattered another Dana 70 Pulling @ Castrol Raceway in Edmonton,Alberta.Guess the Dana 80 should go in now to save the pain & suffering of Shattering another Dana70.Seams that it always breaks when the truck shift into 2nd gear.Back to pulling wrenches I guess! :bang

The Dana 70 is a lost cause for sled pulling. Put a Dana 80 in it and be done.

Eric

How do you keep blowing them up?

??? Power I Guess Aaron.That is the only thing we can figure out,We always installed the gears proper and the backlash was where it should be! Dana 70 are weaker then the 80.Got a Dana 80 kicking around Aaron??

I dont have any Dana 80's laying around but i do have a rear diff out of an 04 dodge here. the AAM one and it seems to be holing up in Mikes truck

What you guys think of a Dana 110??

The dana 110 is a big axle but they still have 1.5 o.d. axles in them, same as the d-80(or you can get 1.61 o.d. 37 spline axles for the 80) They do have a bigger ring gear witch would help not to break gears, but not a lot of aftermarket suport for the d-110,like gears and axles.

The AAM's are about the stoughtest things under the dodge as far as a factory piece, but you are limited on what gears you can get. More gear selections for the 80.

Back