Sheid Diesel Rules 2010????

I dont get it..... why doesn't sheid have an invitational pull, not have any rules and invite who they want to come??? I mean last year was my first year at sheid... Had a blast but now we gotta bend over backwards to meet their rules this year... its kinda aggravating but i guess if you want to play you gotta meet there rules....
:pop:

...now we gotta bend over backwards to meet their rules this year... its kinda aggravating but i guess if you want to play you gotta meet there rules...
Welcome to SDX. This is every year and usually with a few last minute changes.:bang

so do you have to have a trans blanket and a flexplate shield and a sfi rated flexplate? or just the flexplate and the flexplate shield will work?

so do you have to have a trans blanket and a flexplate shield and a sfi rated flexplate? or just the flexplate and the flexplate shield will work?

Here is the rules from Schieds website. The way I read it, you have to have a transmission blanket/shield, SFI approved flywheel, AND a flexplate shield?

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of transmission main body the bell housing area is to be completely covered six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must Have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. Every vehicle must have a SFI 1.1 or 1.2 approved clutch or SFI 4.1 or 4.2 approved blanket.

After reading this thread I think I might go outside and cut my downpipe off, flip it around and shoot it out through the hood and pick up 500hp.

Apparently hood stacks have to be carefully controlled, else everybody would be making mod class power. I never knew it was the hood stack that made the upper class trucks so much stronger.

I dont get it..... why doesn't sheid have an invitational pull, not have any rules and invite who they want to come??? I mean last year was my first year at sheid... Had a blast but now we gotta bend over backwards to meet their rules this year... its kinda aggravating but i guess if you want to play you gotta meet there rules....
:pop:

S-C-H-E-I-D. It's a man's name, and I know if he was on here he would do his best to spell it right Mr. Durydeek.

I see these threads every year about this pull complaining about the rules, but every year I see about 200 or so trucks show up and pull. So how is it that 90% of the guys say nothing and show up and pull and you guys ***** and moan about it for 2 months. It isn't an invitational pull so to speak, but in a way it is. Scheid is inviting all of you to come out and pull with the baddest trucks in the country, and most of them don't have a Scheid sticker on them.

Nut up and pull in front of a couple thousand people in Terre Haute if you got the stuff to meet the rules. Win it and say you beat the best. If you don't go to some brush pull and say you beat the rest.

Rant off

Oh well....... its aggravating but i guess we all out here to have fun in the end...........good luck to all who are goin to "play" the SCHEID game!!!!
Hey look i think i spelled it right!!!!
:snoop:

Oh well....... its aggravating but i guess we all out here to have fun in the end...........good luck to all who are goin to "play" the SCHEID game!!!!
Hey look i think i spelled it right!!!!
:snoop:

When you win Scheid this year I'll be sure to spell your name right. I never said it was "playing" it's pretty serious if you ask me and you guys spend a lot of money on your rigs. That's one reason I don't pull, but if I did I wouldn't complain about it. Has it gotten out of hand in some classes....I think so, but if you want to win you gotta spend the money.

Good luck to everybody that pulls in Terre Haute, and if you got all butt hurt about my post come find me and I will buy you a beer.

If you dont pull the stfu! why are you even in this thread then.. what does it have to do with you.. when you grow a sack.. you can then nut up and '' play'' with us... Spend some money.... oh wait thats why your *****ing you dont pull, to much money involved.. same thing we are saying... your a R-A-T-A-R-D. Im taking you up on that offer also.. I wanna few more beers why im there.:pop:

:pop: wondering how long his vacation's gonna be? LOL
No vacation. He's got a right to say what he want's. But, I must say if he wants more than one beer from me he must be awful butthurt.

If you dont pull the stfu! why are you even in this thread then.. what does it have to do with you.. when you grow a sack.. you can then nut up and '' play'' with us... Spend some money.... oh wait thats why your *****ing you dont pull, to much money involved.. same thing we are saying... your a R-A-T-A-R-D. Im taking you up on that offer also.. I wanna few more beers why im there.:pop:

I don't pull, anymore. I nutted up a looong time ago brother. Got my arse kicked at the dyno at the drag strip and even pulling once or twice. Did I get on the internet and whine and cry about a $600 blanket that I should have had instead of a pretty paint job on my weight box? No. I went home and worked my fat arse off and tried to make my rig better. Then I got married and my Wife and I have 3 1/2(she's pregnant right now) children. Worked in about 30 different states in 10 years and I farm a little bit. So I quit "playing" as much as I used to. I was simply making a point that a few people complain about the rules that Scheid comes up with and how it's a crappy pull. But every year it seems like more and more trucks show up. Honestly, I don't give a flying monkey's butt what you think, but I can guarantee you the 4 most important people in my life think my nuts wouldn't fit in the bed of your Ford.

I will buy ya a beer at Scheids. After that your on your own.

Back