Shifter buttons/switches

JasonCzerak

Post pics of buttons on shifters.

Looking for buttons for lockup and OD with in fingers reach.

I don't think I want these switches there. I seem to like the idea for them to be on the shifter.

For TQ lock I use a round push button on-off type switch from radio shack...electrical taped it too the front of my shifter so I could click it on or off with my thumb...pinky was busy with the OD on-off button. Mounted on the dash requires your hand to leave the shifter and eyes too leave the track...you can only shift your focus so many times in so many seconds.

Looks like this!
pRS1C-2160405w345.jpg

Last edited:
For TQ lock I use a round push button on-off type switch from radio shack...electrical taped it too the front of my shifter so I could click it on or off with my thumb...pinky was busy with the OD on-off button. Mounted on the dash requires your hand to leave the shifter and eyes too leave the track...you can only shift your focus so many times in so many seconds.

Looks like this!
pRS1C-2160405w345.jpg

exactly. Pics of it mounted please?

No show, only function. It would be easier to operate if it were rotated slightly towards the top.
attachment.php

PS, if you look close you'll see another button like it mounted on the dash immediately below the shifter, that's my old TQ lock button. I once miss 3rd because the moment I took my hand off the shifter to hit the button I realized I was out of rpm and brought my hand up so fast that I went to neutral, that was the last time I used the one on the dash. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jason, I drove a truck with a TC lock up switch on the dash and my first thought was "this switch should be in the floor like an old style headlight dimmer switch", every time I reached for that switch I thought it would work so much better in the floor.......... When you're hammer down on the skinny pedal, your left foot isn't doing anything anyways.
Just food for thought.

I have a 3 position toggle, spring return from one position, the others are maintained. Center position no lock up, maintained position 1 is computer controlled, spring position is lockup. It worked great before I went to a floor shifter.

Jason, I drove a truck with a TC lock up switch on the dash and my first thought was "this switch should be in the floor like an old style headlight dimmer switch", every time I reached for that switch I thought it would work so much better in the floor.......... When you're hammer down on the skinny pedal, your left foot isn't doing anything anyways.
Just food for thought.

I don't like that idea, gives you a chance to either hit the brake pedal or get your shoe or pant leg to get caught up under there at the wrong time while trying to move to quick. Simple and on the shifter is the way to go, especially while trying to be consistent and safe.

Last edited:
Well, the truck that I drove was a Ford, which has considerably more floor room than a dodge, even when you're short and have to pull the seat all the way forward. That being said, I'm also a lot smaller than most men, so my movements don't take up as much space. I could see doing it in my truck and not having any troubles, but if you can already envision the problem then it probably wouldn't work for you.

Most of us aren't your size Anna :) In a vehicle that's really moving it wouldn't be the best idea.

Now if your just talking a DD then I'm sure it would be fine, I was thinking about track gear.

Last edited:
I was too considering the OP. I wasn't thinking about little girl driver vs. big guy driver. You have a valid point. The only way it would work for most guys is to have a truck with a gutted interior so you don't have a bunch of crap to get it the way.

And on a slight derail here, I saw something you posted that made it seem like you're back in Texas? Did you move back down here?

Kewl, next time I'm down there with free time we'll have to get a beer.

The floor board button idea is already on the table. thanks anna

Last edited:
Back