Ship Date is 20090420 - MCRD San Diego

Yeah, its 31. One of the Army guys at MEPS told me that a 61 out of my area was really high... he sad he usually sees low 40s. Either way, I'm not to happy... but it'll have to do. Plus its more then enough of a score for infantry, which is what I want... its just the principle ya know! Haha

Well guys, just got word that I got the MOS I wanted... 0311. A high school kid who is in DEP had it and was slotted to leave in a few months came in and told his recruiter that he was scared to be infantry, he wants to be a mechanic instead.

I'm really excited... and I can't wait!

Congrats man, and good luck. At least you know what you want. I went in and asked for infantry not really knowing at all how it worked. I thought everybody was a grunt and some just got extra school.

Thanks Pete. Yeah, I can't stress enough how excited I am to be going infantry. And to clarify, since I got clarification... my MOS field is 03XX(infantry)... I find out what specific MOS after SOI. Not a guaranteed 0311, but atleast I'm going infantry.

BTW Pete, check your video. I replied back. :Cheer:

almost d-day...don't crap your pants when you step on the yellow footprints

LOL I think he'll be alright as long as repetetive things dont bother him, aye aye sir, aye aye sir, aye aye sir, aye aye sir, aye aye s.....................

LOL I think he'll be alright as long as repetetive things dont bother him, aye aye sir, aye aye sir, aye aye sir, aye aye sir, aye aye s.....................

Or if you say it really fast its " ice sir ice sir ice sir"

I went in as a 03xx and came out a 0341. You made a good choice, do your best in boot and remember its 10% pyhsical 90% mental. Always raise your hand for duties the DIs have, and take responsibility for everyones actions. Dont let the "games" get to you. Good luck.

Mike

Good luck son. 22 years, MSgt, and still going here. Glad you didn't go open contract and are doing what you want. Have fun!

If I remember right I think you only have to have a 65 for navy nuke school.

Untrue. You have to get at least a 90 to get nuke. I got an 84 and I wasn't eligible. The way I see it is the score doesn't matter, as long as you get the job you want that's all that matters. I wanted to be a mech and they said it was closed *because they wanted me to be something higher* but I said if I don't get mech than you don't get contract. I WON!!!!

Good luck and make sure you always look your DI in the eye and smile!! :hehe: They really like that alot! Oh and one more thing ask your dad about Mt. Mother F*cker...........:kick:

MCRD Hollywood (AKA San Diego) 1987.

Good luck' I graduated mcrd parris island march 12- 08' it those kill hats will become your best friend lol."motor t rules"

Right now, he's probably getting ready to go on firewatch and wish he could be on an airplane going anywhere (at least that's what I thought at 3am with nothing to do but count m-16's over and over again)..Jody is back home getting into "suzy rotten crotches" pants...Any of you remember this jargon?

Right now, he's probably getting ready to go on firewatch and wish he could be on an airplane going anywhere (at least that's what I thought at 3am with nothing to do but count m-16's over and over again)..Jody is back home getting into "suzy rotten crotches" pants...Any of you remember this jargon?

I definetley remember it. I hope he got a squadbay facing the air strip lol.

yea, mine was right across from the chow hall.. 3rd batallion, Mike Company, platoon 3089. God, that's weird how I can remember that but can't remember anything else important.

We had the 3rd deck right next to BAS Charlie company Plt 1039. I'll never forget any of it.

Back