Shop in upstate New York to build Allison tranny

BW Motosports

JUST SOME BROKE KID
I need a shop in upstate new york that can put an alligator stage v kit in an 2006 gmc sierra lbz for me. Ant thoughts on a decent shop? I can travel to Mass or Vermont or NH if need be. Thanks all :thankyou2:

I need a shop in upstate new york that can put an alligator stage v kit in an 2006 gmc sierra lbz for me. Ant thoughts on a decent shop? I can travel to Mass or Vermont or NH if need be. Thanks all :thankyou2:

There isn't really anyone with a great reputation for Allison's anywhere in Central NY. Not that i dont think there aren't plenty of guys capable, just not a ton of guys doing it. You might try and contact Ben @ BT diesel works, im pretty sure he is in Conneticut and built a handful of these things.

If you haven't already bought the parts, wait until you find a builder. Im sure Alligator puts together a great kit, but the chances of having everything go smoothly will be ALOT better if your builder is comfortable with the parts supplied.

There isn't really anyone with a great reputation for Allison's anywhere in Central NY. Not that i dont think there aren't plenty of guys capable, just not a ton of guys doing it. You might try and contact Ben @ BT diesel works, im pretty sure he is in Conneticut and built a handful of these things.

If you haven't already bought the parts, wait until you find a builder. Im sure Alligator puts together a great kit, but the chances of having everything go smoothly will be ALOT better if your builder is comfortable with the parts supplied.

Nothing worse than having a vendor have to chase another vendor when something goes wrong. It never hurts to do research and find out who each builder uses for it's parts, but getting a good/smokin deal on parts, may wind up costing you more in the end if the builder has issues.

Last edited:
Try Rowland Street Garage in Ballston Spa, or Saunders in Argyle. Both very good, quality work. Seem to stand behind there stuff.

Back