Short bed dually project

12VALVEADAM

Motivated
So we started this literally 5 days before truckfest and started out as a complete roller with noting in it. Spent 5 nights working thru the night and still going to work in the morning. So far we have spent 1k on parts and 500 on the truck itself. I have had most the parts for years now so those I didn't count in cost. We had 3 total passes yesterday. First one we forgot to hook up the afc and had no fuel. Ran 15.5 at 86. second run was a lot better. 13.2 at 98 but almost hit the wall due to death wobble as soon as I let off. So we found some loose steering parts and went out again. Left the line at 30psi was pulling really strong up to the 1/8 when the death wobble happened again. Never had a chance to spray. Good thing we didn't cause one boot we found out was blown too. here is one video on my facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203255377643235&l=785682569077366872

Engine/trans:
Big bowl low compression pistions 15:1
Stock cam
Stock head with all hamiltion hardware springs locks pushrods
12mm 650cc pump
5x.018 sac 145* injectors
studs
64/86 turbos
3rd gen manifold
stock ic
100% stock transmission with just a billet single disk
150 shot

Engine/trans:
Big bowl low compression pistions 15:1
Stock cam
Stock head with all hamiltion hardware springs locks pushrods
12mm 650cc pump
5x.018 sac 145* injectors
studs
64/86 turbos
3rd gen manifold
stock ic
100% stock transmission with just a billet single disk
150 shot

One of these is not like the others

Stock shafts clutches just a vb and converter lol that's pretty stock I think lol so I guess 60% stock lol

uqu5u3as.jpg

2yryjuba.jpg

pygyra5y.jpg

ru7u8eby.jpg
nagyvepu.jpg

qy4aza4y.jpg

ru6a4u2u.jpg

pa7eveda.jpg

une9y3e3.jpg

Well i guess we cant say that we have the only swb single cab 2nd gen dually looks like theres now two.

I have had this for a while and was really a last minute decision to build it in 5 days. There is a lot more in her lol what does yours weigh Creed1?

I have had this for a while and was really a last minute decision to build it in 5 days. There is a lot more in her lol what does yours weigh Creed1?

Think its 5400 full interior etc. its way detuned right now and runs 11.9s all day long. Has been in the 10s before. I built it 5 years ago i wanna say and sold it to scott "schoolbus" on here. Scott had it a couple of years and then about this time last year my brother bought it from him.

not to spoil your fun, but that 90* boot coming off your primary compressor housing isn't going to last very long at high boost.

I have always ran cr manifolds on 12vs lol never have a leak with the cr gaskets. Yes I know it won't hold at all! We simply ran out of time. Everything was built from scratch. So some things needed to be rigged lol

So took some time tonight to realign it. After all the craziness this weekend total toe was out 2*. Caster was still .5 higher on the driver side, which is where it should be. Replaced the boot that got ripped. Took her on the short test drive and night and day difference from before. She is ready for higher speeds!

Does a 100 mph truck need different toe settings than a 130 mph truck?

Not really but it all does still have to be in check, in this case when I did it the morning of the race I had about 1 hour of sleep lol so now I did it right it should be fine at any speed.

Going to try and get some runs in tomorrow night at the test and tune. Hopefully I can get into the 12s

Made a couple passes last night. The first run was on a good pass until I blew a boot at the small turbo. Next pass however I lost oil pressure and by the time I got back she was barley running so the tear down is tonight. I got a couple videos

Back