Short Block or Long Block?

BDPowerDave

BD-Power Rep.
This was a 2005 Harley Addition 6.0L that self destructed the #8 cylinder. Truck was running 120 SCT Tune and no pyrometer?

After reviewing all the customers options of installing a short block or used engine, we went with a new long block from the Ford dealer we get all our parts from. Our cost on the long block was decent when taking into consideration the 2 year warranty, new Cylinder Heads, Injectors, HPOP Updates, Seals, Gaskets, Sensors etc... It also eliminated the labour of building a short block or replacing injectors, installing studs, HPOS updates etc... or rolling the dice on a used engine. We installed the ARP studs, dropped the engine in, installed the intake manifold and turbo, buttoned the rest up and fired it right up.

Finding good, low milage 6.0L Powerstoke engines is becoming difficult and putting a used in engine in this low mileage, clean truck seemed like a step backwards.

Hopefully none of you have to face this choice but if you do, weigh your options. If you have any questions or are in similar situation please do not hesitate to contact me, always happy to help out :thumb:

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE LONG BLOCK INSTALL PHOTO ALBUM

Why would you spend 13k on at the newest, an 07 year model when you can pick up "new" truck for another 12k

Why would you spend 13k on at the newest, an 07 year model when you can pick up "new" truck for another 12k

Why? Because 07 and older diesel owners don't have to deal with all the added emissions crap that the 08-Current trucks have on them.

Plus some us have become emotionally attached to our trucks.:charger:

What if you still owe 20K on the truck and without a motor it is only worth 5k???

Now the truck should be good for 250,000 miles plus no problem if maintained properly. Or like the last poster stated, go buy a new emissions equipped truck cause my shop is a little slow this week. :hehe:

Dave

My only concern is that the first engine should have made it to 250,000kms too.

So now you have a 2year warranty...back when I was working my truck, I put on 50k kms a year...but now it would be lucky to see 10k.

You pretty much void any warranty once you delete this and that, just to help them make the 6.0L more reliable.

To each his own...

Back