should I go with 33 or 35 MT ATZ's on 18x12's?

LKuilder

I'm going to need some new tires on my truck here before too long. I currently have a set of 315/75/R16 BFG All Terrain's on 16x10 Pro Comp wheels. The tires on the truck now measure out at about 34.5" I'm not exactly sure what lift/leveling kit is in my truck but the front spacer does measure 4.5" and it has aftermarket control arms. The lift/leveling kit (whichever it is) was in the truck when I bought it and I've never really looked into who's kit it is.

Here's the spacer and control arms that are in the front of my truck...
img0076r.jpg

img0078rr.jpg

And here's what the truck looks like now with the BFG's on it...
img0066vw.jpg

img0067tq.jpg

I am wanting to go with the Mickey Thompson ATZ tires on an 18x12 Ion Forged Terminator wheel. I wanted to use the 33x15.50 tires but they seem to be non-existant. So I am thinking of going with the 13.50 wide tires. I'm just not sure to go with the 33" or 35" tire. I'm not wanting the tires to look too small if I go with the 33's but I'm not wanting any rubbing going with the 35's. Anyone have any advice for me?

with an 18x12 wheel? It's going to look :homo: with 33's and that leveling kit, and it will rub with 35's. The rubbing CAN be fixed, but it will either take longer control arms (more $$$), or a bit of trimming.

with an 18x12 wheel? It's going to look :homo: with 33's and that leveling kit, and it will rub with 35's. The rubbing CAN be fixed, but it will either take longer control arms (more $$$), or a bit of trimming.

Thats not a leveling kits, that looks to be a 4.5" lift. I have the 3" leveling kit and I dont sit that high with 35's. My 35's don't rub either, so you shouldnt have an issue with rubbing anywhere but the control arms, if you dont have the right offset on the wheels that is.

I would go with 35's, 33's only look good on non-lifted trucks.

Thats not a leveling kits, that looks to be a 4.5" lift. I have the 3" leveling kit and I dont sit that high with 35's. My 35's don't rub either, so you shouldnt have an issue with rubbing anywhere but the control arms, if you dont have the right offset on the wheels that is.

I would go with 35's, 33's only look good on non-lifted trucks.

It did look taller then most leveling spacers.. But 35's still have a real possibility of rubbing with a 18x12 wheel and a 13.5" wide tire... I run a 2.5" leveling coil with 1/2" forward control arms, just about perfect offset on a 20x10 wheel and 35x12.9" wide tire and I BARELY clear...

It did look taller then most leveling spacers.. But 35's still have a real possibility of rubbing with a 18x12 wheel and a 13.5" wide tire... I run a 2.5" leveling coil with 1/2" forward control arms, just about perfect offset on a 20x10 wheel and 35x12.9" wide tire and I BARELY clear...

Sounds like we have the same lift up front, I have 17x9 Centerlines though with 35x12.5 BFG At's. They're real close, but dont rub.

I hate to sound like a moron on this but I just can't tell exactly who's kit it is in the truck since it was in the truck when I bought it. It does have longer control arms in it already. Like I said, I had never really paid any attention to it but I did measure it and the front coil spacer measures 4.5".

I'm really wanting a wider tire look and that's why I was thinking of the 13.50 Mickey Thompsons. The wheels I'm wanting to use show a -51mm offset. TWG | The Wheel Group And I'm thinking of using an 18x12 to suck the tire down and out. I've always run wider wheels because I feel it flattens out a wider tire and drives better. I've got quite a few sets of big tires (44" or so) on 16.5x14 wheels and I think they look much better that way. (Plus, I've got plenty of 66" tires on wheels wider than most run in them!) I guess I'll just have to do some figuring though and make sure that this will all clear.

I've decided to go with the 35's. Now my problem is trying to find the wheels I want to use. No one now seems to have them. If anyone knows of anywhere that has any 18x12 Ion Terminator's please let me know.

Which terminator's are you looking at? I like the F143's myself. All because of Bad-Duvall's truck. lol 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 - Cummins Diesel Engine - Diesel Power Magazine

I am looking for those same ones. They had the big pull along with our monster truck racing up in La Porte, IN last spring and it was the first time I had seen his truck and that's when I fell in love with those wheels. I now have the money and REALLY WANT to buy a set of these wheels but I can't find them anywhere. Still searching and calling places in hopes of finding some.

There is a set of dc1's like I have on my truck lfor sale localy. $250 for 5 of them.

Also, neither tire will clear unless you have some deep backspacing.

I am looking for those same ones. They had the big pull along with our monster truck racing up in La Porte, IN last spring and it was the first time I had seen his truck and that's when I fell in love with those wheels. I now have the money and REALLY WANT to buy a set of these wheels but I can't find them anywhere. Still searching and calling places in hopes of finding some.

Haha. Just post up some pics when you get them. I'm curious what they would look like on a 2nd gen.

Back