Shredder Series 5.9L

For those who don't have social media we cracked the 3k mark a few days ago. Super stoked with how far we have come in such a short time and how much we have learned and taken away from trying to reach this goal. Lots of carnage along the way but it finally paid off.

636721d1491915780-shredder-series-5-9l-17523672_10208376067393421_1097801103667739700_n.jpg

Congratulations.

Can you post the whole graph and give details on the set-up?

Fuel only?

Spray,water...etc?

Turbo set up

Correction factor if any?

Congratulations.

Can you post the whole graph and give details on the set-up?

Fuel only?

Spray,water...etc?

Turbo set up

Correction factor if any?

That basically is the whole graph. On the engine dyno we run the test from 4500-5500rpm. This is when the load comes on and the recording starts and stops for the graph.

Fuel only with water injection. (small 1600us tune)
GT55 106 on the manifold w/ two HX82s (This is smaller than our UCC setup)

Correction factor is irrelevant. It is automatically calculated off our in house weather station that came with the dyno and software to make it 100% the same no matter where it would be ran in the world.

That basically is the whole graph. On the engine dyno we run the test from 4500-5500rpm. This is when the load comes on and the recording starts and stops for the graph.

Correction factor is irrelevant. It is automatically calculated off our in house weather station that came with the dyno and software to make it 100% the same no matter where it would be ran in the world.

25% of the screen is a good bit from basically the whole graph

I'm surprised you didn't do a sweep down to 3500 or so. I was curious because most engine dynos for diesels are starting to make peak power from 3500-4500 rpms and then drops off before and after that.

What was the BHP number?

I'm surprised you didn't do a sweep down to 3500 or so. I was curious because most engine dynos for diesels are starting to make peak power from 3500-4500 rpms and then drops off before and after that.

What was the BHP number?

With our new "Jolly Monster" injectors and engine setup with Hardway tuning we are able to push the peak power out further in the RPM range to make the power where it will be used on the race and sled pull track.

If your dyno is reading your power and torque correctly, y'all have come a long way since last year. WAY ahead of anyone else's progress with the cummins. Can't wait to watch the UCC dyno feed.

With our new "Jolly Monster" injectors and engine setup with Hardway tuning we are able to push the peak power out further in the RPM range to make the power where it will be used on the race and sled pull track.
What happened to the Cobras?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

What happened to the Cobras?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Cobras are good to about 2500hp.

We needed something more so after a lot of testing a designing we came out with these JollyMonsters. They are nutty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your dyno is reading your power and torque correctly, y'all have come a long way since last year. WAY ahead of anyone else's progress with the cummins. Can't wait to watch the UCC dyno feed.
Could you elaborate how they're "way ahead of anyone else" I'm not trying to bash these guys, they're making crazy power. But it's been done before, SS pullers have been over 3k for years. Now it is on the front edge for a common rail, but firepunk/D&J are also over 3k. Don't know who made more, but we'll find out soon enough, and I have a hunch they won't be the only ones in that realm of power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Could you elaborate how they're "way ahead of anyone else" I'm not trying to bash these guys, they're making crazy power. But it's been done before, SS pullers have been over 3k for years. Now it is on the front edge for a common rail, but firepunk/D&J are also over 3k. Don't know who made more, but we'll find out soon enough, and I have a hunch they won't be the only ones in that realm of power.

Referring to common rail cummins. If there were more that were doing it, trust and believe they'd be on social media posting about it.

Last edited:
Well, the firepunk guys did post it on Facebook, not exact number, but that the went past the 3k mark. I could definitely understand people not posting what they're making going into arguably the biggest competition of the yr.

Firepunk/D&J have an animal on their hands for sure. They went through a lot of destruction like we did to get to the levels we are at now and Its expensive but its also awesome for our industry in the Common Rail world.

Not knowing what "us" or "mpa" Firepunk/D&J is running its hard to tell but our smaller "JollyMonsters" flow over 700cc of fuel at 1600us and 160mpa and are capable of over 3000hp. Our big ones are over 1000cc on the Bosch stand. These injectors are also almost within Bosch specs for return rates and idle 100% clean.

Last edited:
I've never been a big fan of industrial, but there's no way around it, that's impressive. And clean idle, kinda makes me wish I had a cr, but not really. Haha. I hope all these big hp motors hold together to make some laps. Pullers found out a factory block is not happy at these levels, like, head out the hood not happy. Best of luck guys

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

That's my only concern with this motor, it's been the accepted rule of thumb to do a full deckplate when going for big numbers, and they didn't. Just makes me wonder about the durability of it. Hopefully it holds together, or at least the event staff has enough safety barriers in place to keep someone from getting badly hurt. Firepunk's turbine went through a lot of material on it's exit!

Back