sick.0

Pull out engine, pull heads off, resurface them.
Pull engine apart, have block decked.
Install studs, remove EGR cooler, and use new gaskets...

head studs, EGR delete is probably the best way to do it.

it's at the dealer now. they are pulling it apart. the truck blew the first one at 86k now it has 92k, with only 8k left on the warranty i want it to be fixed so my uncle doesn't have this problem again. will a dealer rip the EGR off the truck and stud the heads? or does that void the warranty?

with the truck blowing 2 hg's so close together i'm guessing something isn't flat in there. do dealers usually check the heads for flatness? i know in my dmax both heads had to be decked because they were not flat.

They will use the factory head studs if you dont supply aftermarket ones. I would talk to the diesel tech, and tell him you have aftermarket head studs and you want them in. If they blew under "Stock" conditions there shoudl not be an issue. THey just look at the heads.. they dont throughly check them out. Egr is another issue. Some will block it.. some won't. Deleteing the EGR requires a kit or some custom Fab work. You can do that on your own through. If you delete the EGR.. you should have a programer to turn off the entire EGR system cause it may throw codes later on.

From what I have seen, and heard...the dealership will look at the heads, but thats about it.
They will most likely replace the gaskets, and thats all...that way, when they go again...it's on your tab, not theirs.
They may install studs for you, but prolly say that it will void your warranty.
The use new bolts, not studs. (They are a torque-to-yield...read: "Throw-away")
They will not delete your EGR for you.

Good luck.

I am realizing why most people trade them in and get something else, or move to a different brand....Cuz no one can afford to fix these Diesel engines once they are out of warranty.
The saying: "If you want to play, you gotta pay" should be: "If you win a lottery...go for it."

yup yup, some dealerships will do the studs if you supply them, but they will NOT delete the EGR as this is illegal due to smog reasons.

ok, thanks guys. at this point my uncle is about ready to drive it off a cliff. we'll see what happens.

Are you a Vendor yet Abrannan? If not, what's the hold up? I want to know what else you sell

not a vendor yet..the cost is why..I dont have the funds for it..YET..

not a vendor yet..the cost is why..I dont have the funds for it..YET..

i knew you made the egr deleted intake manifold kits, but wasn't aware you were actually starting up your own shop so to speak.. good luck with all of that i wish you the best, it's not the easiest way to make a buck but i'm sure you already know that..
i'm actually considering getting one of those intake manifolds off of you, as i just have so many other projects for people that i don't really have any "me time" to do stuff on my own truck..

Back