side intake

jsf350

i know there are some other threads..... but none that show what the inside of the intake looks like..... do they taper down on each end?

lets break it down and give the +/- for each..... not looking to bash just what you have seen /exp.

hellman- nothing bad about them- do they come with the intercooler pipe? $$$

b&b- nothing bad about them- intercooler pipe? $$$$

banks- supposed to be cheaper- 4" intercooler pipe- but issues if you want to run duals

zz fab- good and bad- seen pics of them cracked and issues with dual cp3- intercooler pipe?

Keating machine is also working on a peice to put on their website....it looks better then all ive seen so far.

i know Joe @ Hellmann mentioned a price drop awhile back...... not sure if it has happened yet or not

i know Joe @ Hellmann mentioned a price drop awhile back...... not sure if it has happened yet or not

His price and Bruce's price (B&B) honestly aren't that bad for being billet. If I were going to use a "log style" intake, I'd probably give money to one of those guys as opposed to getting one that is welded together which actually isn't much cheaper from ZZ (last I checked).

561d07a5.jpg

3ad30f6f.jpg

I forgot the website we ordered my tubing from, but it's like a 80deg angle out of the IC. I have a pic of it on the truck if you like:rockwoot:

Bruce(B&B tooling) was great to work with. He answered any question I had and was always there when I had questions. As far as I know, my side mount was the first he built for a 6.7. Inlet is 3.5". I have only ran it on the ported head, but the S478 single spools VERY fast. Almost no smoke at WOT! Best thing I've done to date.........48re is a close 2nd:Cheer:

Heres some of my hellmann intake,comes with everything to connect to head and to i/c
hi2006.jpg

hi001.jpg

PPhead004.jpg

kjhb001.jpg

Ive said this befor, Why hasnt anyone looked at what other high HP inline engines have used ?????? They are tappered for a reason and its not just to clear the shock towers.

1400+HP 1186ftlb
pic-vsmotor-19.jpg

images

well have one of Shanes intakes coming. All of his products that i have of his have always worked and been top notch- so i will try out his and let everyone know.

Ive said this befor, Why hasnt anyone looked at what other high HP inline engines have used ?????? They are tappered for a reason and its not just to clear the shock towers.

1400+HP 1186ftlb
pic-vsmotor-19.jpg

images

the M motors are all high rpm screamers though---

build me one for the drag truck and I will try it for you!!!!!

I been running a ZZ fab side intake on my common rail and never had no problems with it after 2 years of pulling, intercooler piping was easy to make up using a 90 degree tapered down slightly to the intercooler and then ran a straight piece to the intercooler. The only issue was with the bracket for the coolant tube on the industrial injection dual cp3 setup that it need a spacer about 5/8 inch thick to line that tube up and bolt it down onto the manifold.

Back