simple headstud question.

Johnny1

5.9. What pressures max out the Arp 2000 Material? Ie when does the head lift?
How is the corrosion properties?

Lol that is not a simple question and not likely to get a simple answer.

Lol that is not a simple question and not likely to get a simple answer.

Also, I'm not sure you understand how hard that'd be for you to measure!

It's not just based on boost and timing (although they are larger factors). Compression ratio, valve size, head porting, air temp, drive pressure, head and block flatness, what head gasket you have, how old that head gasket is (for whatever reason, old ones seem to take more abuse), and blowby are the main variables that come to mind.

I'd say on a stock long block where you swapped studs one at a time and retorqued, a good rule of thumb is somewhere around 65psi and 26deg of advance before you have to worry too much. Keep in mind, this is just based off of what I've seen from guys who run next to no modifications (studs, valve springs, larger turbo, larger injectors, exhaust, intake).

My experience with corrosion properties: it took 7 years and 90k miles for mine to rupture due to corrosion, running roughly 550hp from a 12V. Mine was leaking water slowly for years after a faulty torque wrench was used.

The new set were covered in grease to act as a barrier, but I don't intend for the same situation to occur again.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back