Since I have to do a rebuild...

Made-In-TX

Red Headed Wonder
Last week my fiance was driving my truck and called and told me that it was making a horrible knocking noise and had some white smoke and the whole truck was shaking so she pulled over and killed it immediately. After getting it home, pulling the motor and opening it up the end result of that wound up being a trashed rod bearing on the no. 6 which cause a bit of contact between the piston and the valves.

I carried the block, crank and head to NAPA Machine Shop and wound up having the head checked, cleaned and rebuilt w/ valve a job, had to turn the crank .010 on the mains and .020 on the rod journals and then had the block cleaned and had to bore and sleeve the no. 6 cylinder.

I've already ordered a few things and will be ordering the rest of what I need this Thursday. I figured, if I'm already in it and having to rebuild, why go back stock?? :lolly:

Here is the parts list:
Rebuild Kit from Jeff @ Maumu
Hamilton Cams 182/214
New Tappets
F1 Flux 1.5 Injectors
ARP Head Studs
Fleece Coolant Bypass
New Injector Connector Tubes
New Oil Pump
New Water Pump

I'll be keeping the stock turbo and want to do something with the CP3 but I'm not sure what on that yet (any advice would be great). The CP3 is still stock with almost 225k miles on it. I'd love to get one from Shane at Motorsport but he seems to have just disappeared. I'm also debating a laminated or Goerend billet flexplate while I have easy enough access to install it.

After it's all said and done I'll finish it off with some EFI Live tuning and should be good to go! :ft:

I assume the trans is built already/ If not get the VB and TQ and Billet Flex from Goerend!
Call Todd at T&C diesel for the CP3 real good guy and great service! Deff do a 62 or 63 turbo! Stock just sucks when you add power!

You are going to murder that turbo with a cam I would for sure upgrade it to something bigger. Check out the new sxe turbo from Borg Warner. They are stupid cheap compared to the older ones. You can get a 63sxe with a t3 gated housing from agp for 1250 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume the trans is built already/ If not get the VB and TQ and Billet Flex from Goerend!
Call Todd at T&C diesel for the CP3 real good guy and great service! Deff do a 62 or 63 turbo! Stock just sucks when you add power!

No, the trans isn't built yet. It was rebuilt with stock components about 80k ago (just before I bought it). I had intended to do a Goerend VB & TC but this unexpected rebuilt has taken the funds for that for right now. I'm hoping to be able to do that in the next month or so.

I just talked to Todd and will be sending him my CP3 in the next couple days to see if it's rebuildable and if not then it's $200 more for one of his already done.

You are going to murder that turbo with a cam I would for sure upgrade it to something bigger. Check out the new sxe turbo from Borg Warner. They are stupid cheap compared to the older ones. You can get a 63sxe with a t3 gated housing from agp for 1250 I believe

I would love to upgrade the turbo and the prices on those sxe's are really good like you said but I can't swing it right now. Stupid priorities... :bang Will be done after the trans. I talked to Zach at Hamilton and he said the stock turbo would be fine with the 182/214 cam and the injectors I'm going with as a daily driver for the time being.

Damn Travis, you couldn't even thank a brother for the tow home:rules:

He is not going to MURDER that 351. he is an excellent driver (not the type to hot rod on a regular basis like me) he minds his warm up and cool down cycles and he will be minding his EGT's and boost.

I will have him gated at no more than 40 lbs and i will make him a tune that will keep his EGT's under 1400* no matter how long he holds the pedal down...

and that cam profile compliments a stock turbo. Strait from Zachs mouth.

I'm truly excited about this build because it should be one of the snappiest LWB trucks around considering its weight... very quick to spool light em up quick

Damn Travis, you couldn't even thank a brother for the tow home:rules:

Well I was going to thank you publicly but I thought it might ruin the surprise of the flowers and heart shaped chocolates I had ordered for you :hehe:

Yesterday was a damn exciting day! We left the house after the kiddos got to school and headed a few hours west to go to Hamilton Cams
and pick up some goodies. Wound up meeting with Zach and got to pick his brain a bit and see some bada** stuff he has going on. Anyhow,
I made it back home with the 182/214 cam, 103# springs and a new set of tappets. Only thing I'm waiting on now is for my rebuild kit,
oil pump, oil cooler and rocker arms to get here from Jeff and my injectors from F1 then I can FINALLY start putting this thing back together! :rockwoot:

Back