Single pump, SB 66 and 120's = 918/2000 !!!!!

There were 40 people watchn me dyno man. I posted the graph. I did 708 with 90s sb and stock pump. The did 745 with the dragonslayer and 90s. Hadn't been back on the dyno till floor its with the cam IC and all the new stuff.

There were 40 people watchn me dyno man. I posted the graph. I did 708 with 90s sb and stock pump. The did 745 with the dragonslayer and 90s. Hadn't been back on the dyno till floor its with the cam IC and all the new stuff.

I learned this early. This site is like a snare. The more you fight the harder it is on you.... That said, rock on!!! bif

The 745 was stock rp also. I know its gunna get wild. It did when my truck made 745 with the 90s and stuff I posted above. I posted the numbers that john from floor its dyno showed us. I figured she could do 825-850 which it did and was happy so john said add rp in the smarty and see what happens. Then poof 918 then 897.

And all in the 6th gear bro! Gotta dyno 1:1 in any vehicle and that's 5th in yours.

I don't care how many people were watching...the numbers are incorrect.

Let's rename this thread and have some fun shall we ?

Go dyno in 5th and put some solid evidence to all this....... i definatly thought the numbers were high too and what there saying about 1:1 makes alot of sence. not hatin

Look at the graph man. I made peak power at almost 2k rpms. Who else can light that quick? Its just like our shop own that could do 650 with a 62 90s and stock pump. He lights realy early and makes the power. It was a hell of a pull I've never heard my truck load that way. On the street it doesn't make 70psi like it did on the dyno. I can't explain it

One of the most common differences when conducting roll-on power tests on a dyno is in the gear used during the test. Although 4th & 5th gear (depending on tranny)has been the standard, some dyno operators prefer to use a higher gear, and now 6th gear, which can distort comparisons. Power readings recorded in 6th are generally higher than those performed in 5th gear. Generally, the higher the transmission gear, the greater the engine loading and higher the power reading will be. Since the higher gear ratio slows the engine’s acceleration rate, less power is required to accelerate the rotating and reciprocating parts.

Last edited:
Huh! Im with tmoney dyno in 5th then post ur numbers. I think your goin to be surprised

I love how a dam moderator can drail and change the name of a thread were I was lookin for help about a inj change. That's real cool of them

Hey there's any easy way to settle this. John, you'll be in Florida for the SS race. Well so will dunbars dyno correct? The only way to prove the doubters wrong is to dyno on his.

" if it didn't happen on dunbars it didn't happen!"

You've never dyno'd in 5th and on anyone elses dyno? Or just never in 5th? What did you run on someone elses dyno if you did?

Thbat's right...I can change what I want.
You already said you were gonna try your 120's first so what doesx it matter.

I'll be in Florida for the SS race too.
Wanna race my black truck ? I know it makes less than 900 hp....whadda ya got to lose?

That wasn't you I ran on 290 west of Houston a few weeks ago was it?
I remember a truck like yours, in my rearview mirror. LOL

Last edited:
What about this little tidbit I got in a PM ?
Don't ask who sent it cause I ain't saying.

Smoke machine did like 6xx at the Ntx dyno, then did some tuning and happened to do the 9xx number he claims. People were calling bs because floor it's dyno is known to read high. So he went to another dyno a few weeks later and was doing like 6xx again. That's when he claimed it was because of 07 defuel. Lol.

Back