Size does matter, giant wheel O' death!!

carcrafter22

At least in some cases. :) I figured I'd post a few pics of the 12" OD supercharger pulley I had made for my 3.9L isuzu. While I was there I had my machinist modify my harmonic balancer to integrate the huge pulley into it and also convert from the original V belt to a 6 rib serpentine pulley. All of it is made from aluminumas will all the pulleys for the new accessories. Yes I know this thing is massive but its what its gonna take to spool the procharger at max speed by 4000,4500 or 5000rpm (depending on which pulley is on the charger). I am very happy with this setup my machinist did an excellent job. I just need a sticker that says Wheel O' Death lol.

And yes I know my engine looks like ASS. I removed it for the final tear down and assembly of the F100 project truck I have it in. The engine is getting completely detailed along with a bigger badder injection pump, custom serpentine drive, my own trans adapter plate and flywheel design on the rear, I'll be building a large intake manifold for it and alot of other things.

LOL Thanks, I'm pulling out all the stops this time.

Its lighter than it looks but yeah we talked about some large holes for lighter weight and looks but decided not to since the little extra mass will probably help smooth out this little 4 banger.

I removed a bit of mass with my new trans adapter idea for the 5R110

gotcha, I'm sure with it being aluminum, the time spent lightening it would probably be for naught, and it's certainly a heck of a conversation piece! LOL

gotcha, I'm sure with it being aluminum, the time spent lightening it would probably be for naught, and it's certainly a heck of a conversation piece! LOL

it sure is!
screw some legs to it and you have a dining room table to converse around!!!

GLad things are moving along for you.. havent heard about the truck in a while.
very very cool

I've been busy for the past few months. I dropped off the huge 2" thick hunk of aluminum back in feb of this year and just got it back not long ago. I built the wife a diesel powered 2001 jeep grand Cherokee while I waited on several parts for the ford. It took me about 4 months to build her jeep with the long arm suspension and all the other items to make it look factory but now it's done so it's back to the ford. I hope to turn a few heads this go around hehe

Congrats man! That's a largish hunk of aluminum and I'm in favor of the 'Wheel O Death" sticker. LOL

I seen it on the same site that had that Virtual Horsepower dream wheel...

Congrats at the progress man....like 'em or not, you're following along Banks' thinking....and with 808 lb-ft at 1,200rpm on that motor, who can argue? ;)

1003dp_01+6_6L_duramax_diesel_engine+left_rear_angle.jpg

JQ you're exactly right although I started working on this project way before I ever saw banks first post that pic on this site a while back, I did seriously consider doing the cool looking cutouts like they did.

I get tired of hearing all about how the supercharger is gonna suck so much hp. The part that people never seem to get is that I DONT CARE how much hp it sucks as long as it makes more power than it did with lower egt's than my old compound turbo setup. I am not in a rule limiting class that makes me have to earn every little bit of power, this is a fun toy only. After talking with a few other people that have actually driven supercharged diesels I have come to the conclusion they work great on the street instant response plenty of air, etc., etc. If this thing has the quick spoolup and more power than my he341/hx52 setup I will be more than happy and like the rest of my buildup its pretty different than most any other diesel on the road.

I hope with the large injectors I have and a 650cc injection pump this things will meet my power goals.

Anyone care to comment on what size turbo I should stick with the D1SC to meet my 600hp goal? I have an HE351 hanging on it right now because it was laying around but I'm thinking an S362 or so?? maybe a .9 exhaust?

Biggest problem with trying to get big power out of these little thing (especially something like the isuzu) is that noone has ever done it so noone really knows what works.

Did you say 650cc?? ON A 4 CYLINDER??? WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

Personally, I would think it would rock out! And go big, S362!
Chris

What 650cc wont be enough??

LMAO!!!

Lee I gotta get this thing running and meet up with the 496 4bt lol. 4 banger DEATH MATCH!!!

What 650cc wont be enough??

LMAO!!!

Lee I gotta get this thing running and meet up with the 496 4bt lol. 4 banger DEATH MATCH!!!

I had 650cc's on my 12v, and still didn't need that much...turned it down to 450cc's and did 551/1083 with a hurt engine...badly scored and later stuck 2 pistons:D

Sounds like a blast to me though!!!!
Chris

Heck yeah :D excessive seems to work well for me lol

Seriously I doubt I'd ever need more than 500cc but it's at 370cc now and the next size of dv's and upgrades will net 650cc. I should probably just try what I have now but as you know it usually takes a while for pump work so I might as well send it in while other things are being worked on. You know what they say better to have it and not need it....

Back