Sled Operator?

awesome man...see ya there

cold weather is good for power, but bad for spectating!

come on now i got second. but that track and sled were weird...

and thats coming from someone who has never hooked to a sled before

Just giving Brett some stuff, You did good!!!

It was a fun day, little chilly, but oh well!

mikehalseyjr said:
Just giving Brett some stuff, You did good!!!

It was a fun day, little chilly, but oh well!

I guess i didn't have enough power, or maybe the track was like a packed driveway

Something is wrong in the world when a chipped 7.3 beats a bunch of 500+hp cummins, including a purpose built pulling truck with a scheid motor.

Some of you guys looked like top fuel dragsters on a wet track.

Congrats TJ, way to go on your first hook.

Chris

c-hawk said:
Something is wrong in the world when a chipped 7.3 beats a bunch of 500+hp cummins, including a purpose built pulling truck with a scheid motor.

Some of you guys looked like top fuel dragsters on a wet track.

Congrats TJ, way to go on your first hook.

Chris

Yes, the drivers were wrong!! You have to adjust to changing conditions, HP does not win every time!!!:eek:wned: by a Ford!!

Experience... to bad you have to get your A handed to you a few times to gain it...

Some lessons learned for next time.

dzlfarmboy said:
Yeah but everybody around here has Fords so chips are about as far as most people go,Their hard headed, I could yank them all around town backwards and you probably still couldn't give them a Dodge
BWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA Damb I fell for the guilt trip from the wife and didnt go:bang . Did i just read i could have seen a CHIPPED FORD DRAG ALL THE BIG BAD CUMMINS AROUND
:eek:wned:

:kick:

Yup. If you are a ford guy... it was the place to be today.

c-hawk said:
:kick:

Yup. If you are a ford guy... it was the place to be today.
Yeah as long as it was fun and no one busted anything too bad its all good. after being away from home 4 2 weeks for work, i wanted to just hang with my daughter. little too cold out to take her today (6 months). would have loved to came but oh well.

the ford didnt have enough power to spin those 37's thats why he beat me by 8' :poke:

seriously tho...i need to find a way to keep the rpms down. when you are 600rpms past the defueling point...and you blow ZERO smoke leaving the line or coming down the track...not a whole lot of power hitting the ground. cant wait to get some more experience and practice.

here is my smokeless video (smokeless until the rpms came back down below 3400 when i was giving it the pedal to keep from stalling at the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTJTPyeGQg

also it was nice meeting you fellas today. see ya at the next one!

8' 8 miles whats the difference:blahblah1: :poke:
jk nice job on the 2nd. sure did better than you were expecting huh btw trucks sounds cool with those stacks

Last edited:
SINNER said:
BWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA Damb I fell for the guilt trip from the wife and didnt go:bang . Did i just read i could have seen a CHIPPED FORD DRAG ALL THE BIG BAD CUMMINS AROUND
:eek:wned:

Yeah i have no exuses but if a ford wants to hook up on something where you can actually get traction im all for it, but that track was soo hard and the people with no wheel speed actually pulled farther than somebody with enough power to spin em through overdrive, so too much power wasen't the best thing for that track. Seeing Rampages pull and mine and getblown and the 12v from cecil didn't get to far with maximum wheel speed. It's like an oxymoron

dzlfarmboy said:
Yeah i have no exuses but if a ford wants to hook up on something where you can actually get traction im all for it, but that track was soo hard and the people with no wheel speed actually pulled farther than somebody with enough power to spin em through overdrive, so too much power wasen't the best thing for that track. Seeing Rampages pull and mine and getblown and the 12v from cecil didn't get to far with maximum wheel speed. It's like an oxymoron
maybe you should have had someone cut a block of wood to put under the pedal. my dad did that to a bracket car i was spinning off the line when i was 16.
:eek:wned: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

dzlfarmboy said:

Do not worry Brett, I am a ford guy and I know whats up!!!

You did a good job!

getblown5.9 said:
the ford didnt have enough power to spin those 37's thats why he beat me by 8' :poke:

seriously tho...i need to find a way to keep the rpms down. when you are 600rpms past the defueling point...and you blow ZERO smoke leaving the line or coming down the track...not a whole lot of power hitting the ground. cant wait to get some more experience and practice.

here is my smokeless video (smokeless until the rpms came back down below 3400 when i was giving it the pedal to keep from stalling at the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTJTPyeGQg

also it was nice meeting you fellas today. see ya at the next one!

once you get on a good track where the truck hooks you wont have a problem with the rpms running too high. what gear did ya run? ya had a good run, came off the line nice, good luck to ya the rest of the year.

Back