Sliced oil drain hose

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
Does anybody know the ID and length of number 9? Mine is sliced, and I can't find one at a part store in town. Dodge wants 55 bucks for that little hose. For 55 bucks I'd leave it as my chassis lubrication system. :hehe: I'll have my hydraulic hose guys take care of this one for me.

3cca8441.jpg

Is this off your 3rd Gen? If it is, I'm pretty sure it's a 7/8" diam. I can measure the length. Better yet, if you send me your address, I'll cut you a piece of 7/8" silicone hose that I used and send it to you.

--Eric

Replace the whole thing with the Cummins flexible drain tube...your frame and oil pan may actually start to rust.

Way cheaper at Cummins Rocky Mountain. Kyle if you can wait 'til I get back I'm pretty sure I got one.

Is this off your 3rd Gen? If it is, I'm pretty sure it's a 7/8" diam. I can measure the length. Better yet, if you send me your address, I'll cut you a piece of 7/8" silicone hose that I used and send it to you.

--Eric

I got ahold of Snedge and he confirmed it is 7/8". I really appreciate the offer, but I think I will pick some up today so I can get this leak fixed by Sunday, but thank you!

Replace the whole thing with the Cummins flexible drain tube...your frame and oil pan may actually start to rust.

Are you talking about the flexible steel ones that run from the turbo to the nipple in the block? I've heard about these, but never seen them. I guess I'll have to run to cummins on my day off.

Way cheaper at Cummins Rocky Mountain. Kyle if you can wait 'til I get back I'm pretty sure I got one.

Travis you're the man, as always. Hopefully I get it fixed on sunday, but there is a good possibility a hang over will prevent that. LOL

Yes, instead of the fitting and small section of hose spliced in, Cummins makes a flexible steel line one piece drain line

Cummins P/N 3970875

Are you talking about the flexible steel ones that run from the turbo to the nipple in the block? I've heard about these, but never seen them. I guess I'll have to run to cummins on my day off.

Yes but the nipple pulls out of the block and the flexible tube has 2 o-rings that seal it in the hole where the nipple was...it's steel all the way, no chance for leaks.

In the interest of time I just grabbed a 7/8s hose to replace it. Think this will hold up?
oilline.jpg

It just might be overkill... :hehe:

Let me know how your fingers feel next time you need to take it apart.

My guess is the same way the felt after putting in on. Ouch! But, I have no more leak! Hose clamps sure as hell won't hurt this thing.

Back