slipped timing?

cosmo22nov

well this weekend i changed my head gasket, well i got everything together and bled everything and when i hit the key i heard a weird noise from the engine. so i checked everything visually and it looked good so i started it up. well it started and was running real rough and there was white smoke coming from the tailpipe. and when i put it in drive it wants to die. so in drive when i give it gas to stay running it starts blowing black and white smoke. also in park it will blow white smoke rings...... anyways i have a video of it, at first its in park then i put it in drive and give it some throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIHarSP0YSo

p.s. my guess of the weird noise when i first started it, is that the pump gear slipped on the pump shaft causing the timing to slip.

might want to think about putting on a new washer on your pump, mine slipped like 3 times before i figured that one out.

It didn't really sound like slipped timing to me. Could possibly be but I don't know why it would just slip all of the sudden. I wouldn't hesitate to go ahead and check the pushrods to make sure there aren't any bent ones.

ya those 5 and 6 ones can be tricky, doubt it's the lack of re adjusted valves personally

well number 3 and 6 intake pushrods were bent bad! like 35* bend!!! must have missed the tappet on those 2, thanks guys

dang that's not good but good thing you are adressing the problem, I was able to use a flashlight on 1-4 and all touch on the 5-6 I then bared the motor over to see if there was any interferance whatsoever

Yeah my buddies were helping me with the truck because o have a broken wrist. I probably should of double checked the pushrods :bang. Oh well it's fixed now. but I always feel around till they stick to the tappet.

Back