Slowly coming together

Soup Nazi

The artist formerly known as Don M
I ordered my truck new in 1996 and have kept the old thing all this time. I cant seem to get rid of it. LOL.

Here are a few photos of the progress of a total make-over of the old timer.

Attachments

• truck1 007s.jpg
    truck1 007s.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 138
  • truck1 009s.jpg
    truck1 009s.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 102
  • truck1 003s.jpg
    truck1 003s.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 150
  • truck1 002s.jpg
    truck1 002s.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 116
The original bed was beat up pretty bad ( it was our farm truck back in 1997-2000 ) so I found a black bed from a 2001 in pretty good shape and repainted it.

Attachments

• truck3 003s.jpg
    truck3 003s.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 75
  • truck3 002s.jpg
    truck3 002s.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 49
Fenders, and most of the cab underway. Rear bumper too.

Attachments

• ruck2 006s.jpg
    ruck2 006s.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 50
  • ruck2 004s.jpg
    ruck2 004s.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 45
  • ruck2 005s.jpg
    ruck2 005s.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG00005s.jpg
    IMG00005s.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 42
  • ruck2 002s.jpg
    ruck2 002s.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 59
Getting closer

Attachments

• t34 005s.jpg
    t34 005s.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 152
  • t34 002s.jpg
    t34 002s.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 82
Any other plans for the exterior Don? smoked headlights/Cablights/tailights, Sport front end conversion? Its looking really good!

Long term, yes to most of those questions. Looks like I may need to put it back in service sooner than I thought earlier this year. It has sat basically dormant for 3 years. Dyno work and such and maybe a quick trip up the highway is about it. I spent a fortune building an engine for it 3 years ago and have only driven it 2000 or so miles since.

I still have the complete dash to change. It is all cracked and busted up. New seats as well. The carpet and dynamat is done.

Just did the transmisssion before I started painting it. The paint is a 2 stage DuPont Premier.

where did you get the carpet from? ive been looking for color code i dont wanna order the wrong one?

looks very nice, what did you do with the engine?

I dont know where to start. Too much really. Lots of one off parts: Squeeze cast, fiber reinforced pistons. Pre-stressed anodized crowns. Torque plate honed with hot water circulating through the block, oil system modifications, silicon nitride tappets, steel cam gear, steel pump gear, etc, etc. Mostly just experimental stuff to play with. Cool little projects.

I will be buried in this truck. I still enjoy getting behind the wheel. It wont stop like the new ones and it sure cant steer as well, but there is just something cool about a 12V.

I was just saying to myslef, wow Don made a normal post without selling something, and then I got to the last one!!:hehe:

Never get rid of that truck, the P-pump 12 valves are the Hemi Road Runners of trucks.

I dont know where to start. Too much really. Lots of one off parts: Squeeze cast, fiber reinforced pistons. Pre-stressed anodized crowns. Torque plate honed with hot water circulating through the block, oil system modifications, silicon nitride tappets, steel cam gear, steel pump gear, etc, etc. Mostly just experimental stuff to play with. Cool little projects.

I will be buried in this truck. I still enjoy getting behind the wheel. It wont stop like the new ones and it sure cant steer as well, but there is just something cool about a 12V.

sounds very promising.

is this the truck you and April were in when I met you up in Plano?

That was the same truck Man. I still have that trans you brought up to me from down that way. It is still sitting here wrapped up. LOL

I thought about installing it in this 4x4, but changed my mine or rather my budget did.

12v

It's the right color Don. Then again,.. there is only ONE right color.:Cheer:

I am starting to see where all those crazy ideas Opie was talking about came from. He lost me quickly trying to explain it all years ago. Now if only he could get his truck back on the road like you have.....

Back