small pump mods for good power?

04cummins kevin

Have an airdog on the way an looking to start fueling my 6.7 a bit harder! Not wanting to go overboard with power but would the ARSON lll kit be enough to flirt with 500hp ?

I'm new to the 6.7 as well but I think I've read you can get 500+ without touching the cp3 if you have a Airdog or FASS.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I have heard a 6.7 cp3 flows 10-12% more fuel than a stock 5.9 cp3 so you'll be able to handle bit more HP on a stock 6.7 cp3 vs a stock 5.9 cp3. Someone correct this if I am wrong. Don't want to give out bad information.

Thanks for the replys , I wont need to go twins since im only trying to stay around 500 an keep it reliable! Just need to sack up an buy a 2.5 an some injectors before the summer

so far its the most recent H&S minimaxx tune. havent decided if i should buy the MCC or let TOOPS do some EFI. studs and an airdog are going on whenever i can get in a somewhat warm garage but other than that the truck only has the minimaxx and an afe intake with a valair DD

so far its the most recent H&S minimaxx tune. havent decided if i should buy the MCC or let TOOPS do some EFI. studs and an airdog are going on whenever i can get in a somewhat warm garage but other than that the truck only has the minimaxx and an afe intake with a valair DD

Custom tuning is going to get you were u want to be. With either mcc or efi. Both are capable. Efi has the advantage with data logging. Mcc has switchable tuning and no overhead issues. You have a manual so the transtuning with mcc isn't a factor on urs.

Do you consider it the best option for the application or is it the only option you have explored?

I guess I responded before u edited. Efi was first for me. Then mcc. Now Udc. In the end its all the same. One plateform does this best, the next does this better. None of them have everything that every user needs worked out perfectly.

I responded more towards your initial comment because you indicated "custom" and not efi. So I was curious if you considered mcc custom. It really had nothing to do with the op since he has a manual transmission and thus doesn't need transmission tuning.

Without data logging, should it be considered an inferior product? To the OP, I suggest that if you chose to change injector nozzles go with a tighter cone angle and get tuning that will utilize the spray angle change to the maximum performance. You will most definitely need a better turbocharger before you need a larger cp3.

Last edited:
Without data logging, should it be considered an inferior product? To the OP, I suggest that if you chose to change injector nozzles go with a tighter cone angle and get tuning that will utilize the spray angle change to the maximum performance. You will most definitely need a better turbocharger before you need a larger cp3.

I don't know if I wld call it inferior. When you have a customer who has an automatic and needs trans tuning where do u go? A built transmission isn't going to do you any good with stock pressure values and shift schedules.

I've always respected you for your additions to threads and your ability with tuning. So don't think I'm trying to argue. I'm just confused why everybody is so against mcc. When they get data logging out, what will be the next target? I understand the user interface is terrible and pales in comparison to what we have with efi, the download times are really slow, etc... But from a customer's stand point. There are obvious advantages over some of the other products. Not to mention when we are talking about a cm2200 truck. It's all we have right now. Ecm swaps arn't for everybody.

Sorry for the derail.

I don't know if I wld call it inferior. When you have a customer who has an automatic and needs trans tuning where do u go? A built transmission isn't going to do you any good with stock pressure values and shift schedules.

I've always respected you for your additions to threads and your ability with tuning. So don't think I'm trying to argue. I'm just confused why everybody is so against mcc. When they get data logging out, what will be the next target? I understand the user interface is terrible and pales in comparison to what we have with efi, the download times are really slow, etc... But from a customer's stand point. There are obvious advantages over some of the other products. Not to mention when we are talking about a cm2200 truck. It's all we have right now. Ecm swaps arn't for everybody.

Sorry for the derail.

I think we're on the same page. H&S product does have it's place.

Back