Small twins idea, any opinions are welcome.

06towrig

I have a mainly stock vp second gen that will be getting a set of 120hp injectors in it soon, size was not disclosed but they are roughly 6x.010s and I am adding a 60/68/.83, I would like 500hp and am considering a small primary that I have found. My idea for the primary is a 464/83/1.1 this turbo sells for 650$! so its budget friendly and flows 80lb/min so it can support 650hp. What do you guys think? I know the compressors are close, but I still think it would spool super fast and add flow. The 60/68/.83 cannot be downsized because I already bought the turbine housing for it, so that is set in stone ,the primary not so much

Last edited:
Small twins work just fine, however you can find a 475 without spending too much more.

That being said I would do it just to see the results, if you don't like if than someone will surely run that 464 as a single.

I run a hx35/14 and a box S366 on my 34ft diesel pusher coach. It pulls 31k very well at 45 psi and wont break 1250 egts. Gets about 12-12.5 mpg doing it. Thats about as small as anyone would need to go. No gov springs, stock timing and injectors.

Small twins work just fine, however you can find a 475 without spending too much more.

That being said I would do it just to see the results, if you don't like if than someone will surely run that 464 as a single.

I don't know if someone would use it as a single because it's a t6 flange housing, but then again, more and more people are starting to run t6 singles

I run a hx35/14 and a box S366 on my 34ft diesel pusher coach. It pulls 31k very well at 45 psi and wont break 1250 egts. Gets about 12-12.5 mpg doing it. Thats about as small as anyone would need to go. No gov springs, stock timing and injectors.

The reason this turbo is so appealing to me, is I have a twin setup that utilizes t4-t6 s300-s400 turbos already and might use it. Do you think this primary is too small? The only thing smaller on this charger compared to a 366 is the inducer on the compressor, the turbine, exhaust housing, and compressor housing are larger. And the compressor wheel has almost the exact same size exducer

Last edited:
Imo, a 471 or 475 would work better and would cost about the same.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I run a 35/40 12 ported with a s471 on my 2001 and love it. It pulls very well and keeps cool doing it. I have a j/att cs, 75hp sticks and raptor.

on your 01 what trans does it have?
and to the op same question?
I like my small twins 57/65-14 over a box s366 however, I have a manual if i had a auto I would def run a bigger primary. I have also ran a lot of different injectors 7x.009's, they didn't light the primary very good 7x.011's were awesome however in town if i needed to hammer down to get over it would smoke unless rpm's were high so didn't work for me 7x.010's are a nice trade off. between power and economy and it runs relatively smoke free with the edge on 5x1

Back