Small twins

Cam73

Hey guys-
Currently have a ETT 66/74/14 WG on the truck as a single with some 5x.012s. Its a pig (5 speed, stock gearing, larger tires) and is no fun unless I'm turning a bunch of RPM (that I don't really have) up on the highway. Been trying to get a cam in the truck but in the mean time have been kicking around the idea of some small twins instead of a 480 below. Searched and read a little about the BD towing set but had a few questions.

I was wondering what kind of numbers a 366 can support as a primary? And with what hot housing? Also looking for a primary suggestion too. Could I get by with a run of the mill s300g? Is the waste gate on said turbo capable in this kind of set up?

Hope I'm not *bdh*

Thanks

the BD towing primary is your exact turbo with a 1.10? A/R T4 turbine housing.

the secondary is a run of the mill S300G

it'll support your 5x12 injectors just fine

i thought the primary was a .91 housing...? either way yes it would work for you

Thanks for the help.
I purchased the turbo from a member here and it came with an extra .88 ar undivided T4 housing, machined to an HX40 outlet too. Sounds like it might be a little bit too tight though..?
Any thing to consider in regards to divided/undivided housings?

What kind of power can be made with this set up? Dave at BD said 600+ on another forum. The truck never really tows and just needs to be quick on the street.

I've got nothing into the injectors (barrowed) and will purchase what ever size would be best suited in the end.

It feels a little something like working backwards as I bought the 66 to use as a secondary down the road but hate it so much as a single I can't imagine it performing any better in a big twin set. Realizing I can't afford to maintain a high HP truck also pointed me down this road.

There is a cam guy local but its been hard trying to find a time to do the swap..

Also,
Does anyone have a PN or good source for the s300g that I need?
Thanks

am i gunna have to be the one to say it.......SEARCH! there is a million and 1 threads on here about s300 part numbers

Thanks for the help everyone!

What about that spare hot housing I have for the 366? Is a .88 too tight?

.88 undivided really isn't any tighter then a .91 divided. It will work just fine.

Back