Smarty 60hp tune, stock CP3, 12.33 @99

Morse

Diesel
I just got back from the track.. All runs are diesel only. Bob sent me a new program that they've been working on and it's making great power. The only problem was the speed limiter was left on this time. I run a 28.8'' drag radial. The speedometer said I was going right around the 108-110 mph range. The actual mph was the same on all five of my runs. They were all 99 mph. The higher tunes actually went a slower ET. For one, on the higher tunes the best I could get my 60' was mid 1.8's to 2.0 because of tire spin. Every MPH was 99 all morning. The truck would hit the limiter way, way before the finish line. Since Moroso where it ran 13.35 I've downloaded the updated tune, installed caltrack traction bars, removed the hitch, battery, and spare tire. Here are my results from Moroso...

60'= 1.87
eighth= 8.48 @ 80.7 mph
quarter=13.35 @100.94

Here are my results from this morning now using the updated 60 hp Smarty..

60'=1.76
eighth= 7.774 @ 89.97
Quarter=12.33 @99.19

I'm fairly certain it stands a chance of doing the 12.0's I'm after with the speed limiter removed on a 60hp program. I don't know how far this stock CP3 pump can allow me to go on the higher settings.

How fast is the fastest truck with a stock cp3 injection pump with no drugs? I'm hoping I'm close... My whole combination is very simple. 62-14 turbo, 90hp Dynomite Diesel injectors, Smarty, HTS/Suncoast trans..

By the way, I know these times aren't impressive with all the fast ET's floating around. I just thought for as simple as it is, others might benefit..

Does the Smarty have a Program to pull the Speed limiter off ... ????

Thanks DP. I'm sitting here thinking about either upgrading pumps, or the dual pumps, larger turbo, and studs.. I know I need to get that limiter off before I start another combination. KillerQuad, it's odd. Bob just sent me this program a couple days ago. The one before that, was trapping a faster MPH at Moroso by a couple. It wasn't near as powerful, yet it trapped higher with the same tires on it..

Good runs for a simple setup! Here's a thought for the back of your brain... a small (<.050 jet) shot on a progressive controller would help dial in the 12.00 index in any weather/track. Can the Smarty remove the speed limiter or is the speed limiter RPM based?

brnadon.

have you tried to pull abs fuses and see if this removes your limiter and if not there is always the bd top spped eliminator or ids it ot out for the 06 model?

the co-pilot on the duramax used to kill the limiter, at least the old one

If you want to go faster use the smarty to reprogram your tire size to smaller then you have, your speedometer will read slower and you will go faster

Thanks guys.. Lightman46, that's what I plan on doing next time.. I wish I had read where I could reprogram for tire size before I went to the track. Joefarmer, I have two nitrous systems sitting in my garage right now. One is a nitrous express system with the progressive controller, and the other is a bottle in a bag system by compucar. It even has a ful bottle. I don't think I have the fuel for them.. I'm hoping when I reprogram for tire size, I can step up to a higher program and have the fuel to run a little quicker. I just don't know if the stock CP3 can supply the fuel.. On another note, it would be silly if the program needs an upgraded fuel system to take advantage of any setting over the 60 hp setting. I guess we'll see in Bowling Green.. I've also been considering adding a little more fuel..

Morse said:
Thanks guys.. Lightman46, that's what I plan on doing next time.. I wish I had read where I could reprogram for tire size before I went to the track. Joefarmer, I have two nitrous systems sitting in my garage right now. One is a nitrous express system with the progressive controller, and the other is a bottle in a bag system by compucar. It even has a ful bottle. I don't think I have the fuel for them.. I'm hoping when I reprogram for tire size, I can step up to a higher program and have the fuel to run a little quicker. I just don't know if the stock CP3 can supply the fuel.. On another note, it would be silly if the program needs an upgraded fuel system to take advantage of any setting over the 60 hp setting. I guess we'll see in Bowling Green.. I've also been considering adding a little more fuel..
hey , give me a call i think i can help
301 884 2175
wade

Morse said:
I'm looking forward to meeting you again in Bowling Green! FWIW in the 24v's, even if there isn't extra fuel, the nitrous helps by reducing intake temps & raising cyl pressure. This even happens on a small shot, I'd almost try a small shot (.050) to see how it responds.

brandon.

Back