smarty for dummies?

PRINCETON_JAKE

ive owned two 12valve trucks and just bought a "built" 2006 that currently has a smarty S06 programmer, ive searched forum after forum and smartys website and have some questions or could use a run through...

in the directions it mentions catcher (I understand that part) but I read about all these updated, POD, REVO, SSR, TNT, TNT-R, ect. is any of that stuff I should/can upload if not done already?

Im really confused on the tuning part, so there are 10 software levels and then REVO settings (I think that's what theyre called) If the truck is on say level 7 (with timing) and then change the timing setting does it stack more timing on top of the level 7 added timing?

What exactly is the "torque management"? the truck has a fully built goerend tranny, not that im looking for all out power, its a street truck.

Also, the fact that its been between -20 and about 30 degrees for I high, I read on a forum the ecm doesn't allow full power at these low temps anyways. Any truth or details on that?

If you need to get ahold of me and I am not on here, try a PM @ http://smartyresource.net/forum/forum.php

Here is a good guide for PoD. http://smartyresource.net/forum/showthread.php?141-Power-On-Demand&p=1859#post1859

SSR is another version of your tuner more for race applications. UDC is custom tuning which will work on your S-06 to give you custom tuning to fit your trucks individual needs. TNT-r is a high performance program you could load free onto your S-06 but would only be beneficial if you had all the supporting mods.

If I can help, please let me know!

Brian

Thanks! I'm on my phone now, ill read through it latter.

As of right now truck is .020" over, cut pistons, cam, balanced bottom end, 12 valve rods, ati balancer, electic fans, 3 piece 2nd gen manifold, S475, big CP3, 65lpm injectors. It was being built for pulling.

Plan is 2 stock cp3's 30lpm (100hp) injectors, compound turbos. I want a fun clean daily driver

Im really confused on the tuning part, so there are 10 software levels and then REVO settings (I think that's what theyre called) If the truck is on say level 7 (with timing) and then change the timing setting does it stack more timing on top of the level 7 added timing?

Also, the fact that its been between -20 and about 30 degrees for I high, I read on a forum the ecm doesn't allow full power at these low temps anyways. Any truth or details on that?

Ive read the links posted and searched more on forums, but still coming up with mixed answers on these questions

Jake, timing setting 2 is the most and default. if you use timing 3 or 4 you have less. Just a little fine tuning with these adjustments. Still full power at those temps.

Last edited:
thanks!

at this time im not really sure where I should or need to go as far a tunning or programming, as listed in a previous post, the truck has a lot done, I did swap out the modded injection pump for a stock 6.7L pump (may go stock twin pumps for reliability if needed) I got 30LPM nozzles to replace the 65LPM nozzles, and I plan on putting on modified HE351 and S475 compound turbos

Back