Smarty Timing

relay93

Are there major differences in the Smarty timing programing between the different switch settings i.e. the default timing on switch 3 to the default timing on switch 7?

Thanks

Last edited:
I guess I am trying to learn and or figure out when timing becomes an issue to cause higher cylinder temps while towing steep grades.

I have been running switch 7 rp1 everything else default and POD 50 since I really don't have the proper mods to run higher. I have noticeed on switch 3 with rp1 and everything else at default and POD at 99 there is a lot more bottom end torque. Can some one explain that?

Thanks.

SW stands for software, not switch.. Are you running revo or tnt? Timing values are different between the two. Just going off memory from an old thread but on the tnt sw timing 1 12* (stock)
timing 4 14*
timing 3 18*
timing 2 21*

These were reported by someone with a scan tool and dont hold me to the accuracy.

It's your pod setting POD at 50 is way less than 99. This is not a % It is a different power level or pedal input level. This is one of the mysteries Bob keeps to himself!
Each SW level is a different amount of added power which can be manipulated with the pod.

Thanks for the clarification on sw. I do understand that there is a definite difference in sw at 99 than 50, I wish there was more info on how the POD effects the sw selected.

I am running REVO.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Back