Smarty TNT file differences?

Scooter's Roofing

What's the difference between the BR58 and the CR59 Smarty TNT tunes? I've got the BR58 loaded on the 03 right now... I guess I'll just tryi the CR59, just wondering if anyone knew the difference.

thanks

not sure, but the beta 4.2 is supposed to run like a scalded dog on the 305 motors.

I don't want anything to do with any of the betas... everyone I've talked to says they're way too smoky. It was suggested to me to try the CR59 TNT file as it's cleaner out the tailpipe.

Meanwhile my Smarty is a POD, so no betas even if I wanted to (which I don't... I traded my S06 for this S06 POD because the guy wanted to run betas)

What works best on the 06?

BR58 ran like a BEAST on my '06

I hadn't even heard about the other TNT file until today. I'm just curious what the differences are. the CR59 appears to be a later file, but it's not the default download on the MADS site. Seems like the latest and greatest would be the default download

Its probably just an updated tune for a specific glitch in a specific year model. I have noticed alot of times an updated version is released, its only a fix, nothing to be gained. Twist Bobs arm for the TNT/R. I swear it the cleanest running tune I have ever had.

You cant get TNT-R anymore. I have been asking for it. I was told it has been "discontinued" and you are forced into buying the SSR if you want what TNT-R used to offer.

Bob is the absolute WORST when it comes to customer service, I'm not even sure that phrase even has any meaning to him. I had to start e-mailing Stefano at mads to get any kind of response.

EFI live is getting MY MONEY.

Mike, I'm sure Bob may shed some light on to this subject. Bob is NOT the worst, I AM so I don't like you just handing MY title to just anyone! Usually, the programmers are upgradeable. I think you will find his service pretty good. As with ANYTHING in racing be patient. You can be in a hurry once you stage! :Cheer:

Be patient? I'll die of natural causes before Bob feels like doing his JOB.

unless you have a few parts not listed in your truck, I don't think you have the support for the R tune, he will use his judgement to give it out, or not. no valve springs listed, no headstuds listed. so easy for you to enable the 4k option, and smack pistons with valves and blow your motor then all anyone will hear is how smarty blew your engine up. maybe you do have the mods, but maybe Bob has a reason.

Sorry, I should have stated that this is for our race truck when I posted. I understand there are idiots that will throw a hot tune on a truck it was not intended for but we have a long list of things we have done to the truck we wanted TNT-R for.

I did lay out ALL of our mods to Stefano at Mads, still a no go and was told my only option is to RE BUY another tuner.

LoL no I wouldn't dream of TNT-R on the truck in my sig.

honestly? I had the R tune... no biggie IMO... I don't need the RPM, I just want smoke-free power

what off-the-shelf programmer is better for the Cummins than Smarty? I've run most of them, and it's the best you'll find IMO unless you want to throw down on a stand-alone

Mike, I'm sure Bob may shed some light on to this subject. Bob is NOT the worst, I AM so I don't like you just handing MY title to just anyone! Usually, the programmers are upgradeable. I think you will find his service pretty good. As with ANYTHING in racing be patient. You can be in a hurry once you stage! :Cheer:

I got the R file the day after I asked. I've always had quick communication with Bob. I have complaints about Smarty's tuning, BUT, I have yet to find anything better, and I have always gotten excellent customer service.

Well... We wanted the R tune for the 4k rpms and smoke free power. I'll admit that the smarty is good but the customer service STINKS. We will go the stand alone route if we HAVE to.

I may switch from my smarty on my 03 but i have always had good luck with Bob W.
Forrest have you tried the PPE with ur 03'?

I may switch from my smarty on my 03 but i have always had good luck with Bob W.
Forrest have you tried the PPE with ur 03'?

I haven't... I've got a couple laying around too :eek:

I may try it at some point, but I'm familiar and comfortable with the Smarty, and all I've got are the standard Xcelerator files... their "extreme" tune is 215hp and I'm 99% positive that's a flywheel rating

I have the Hot+2 w/lite timing (300hp i think) i will try when the weather gets nice...oh and when i have my truck back.
I have only heard positive results for the 03/04 PPE

Back