Smarty TNT Surging???

dodgediesel

Canadian Diesel Guy
Anyone else having surging issues with the newest TNT program? It surges on cruise while going down any type of hill and from a take off on light/medium throttle you can hear the turbo surging and feel the truck surging too? Any updates for this issue? Thanks Bob..:woohoo:

Sure cold in here eh? Also, our 06 does not do this with the TNT, what your RP and TQ at?

I just noticed the other day that my truck does it with stock programming.

My 06 has done this with both the Smarty Sr Revo and the Predator I had on it before( much worse with the Predator). The Smarty does it on my 03 also and I was told that it was "normal" and to just get used to it so I did.

This isnt a Smarty issue per se. My truck did it bone stock. It is more pronounced a bit with Smarty

my boost gauge surges and you can hear the turb surging but I don't feel it, I just ignore it since I'm haulin ass!!

My truck only does it with the TNT. The standard revo doesn't do it but the power is not there like the TNT has!!!

My truck only does it with the TNT. The standard revo doesn't do it but the power is not there like the TNT has!!!

not sure if were talkin about the same thing here or not cause i've never noticed any turbo surging but i have a similar malfunction. seems to be a throttle position sensor issue. it surges and jerks around shifts back and forth(auto) but only at light throttle. seems to get worse with the more aggressive tunning. I tried running it back at lower levels but it never (heal's itself) i have been told reflashin the ecm is the only remedy. My remedy was turning it into strictly puller lol no light throttle needed.

It seems to be better with the latest March 15th update but is still there. The standard revo is good but the TNT is soooo much more fun!!!!

I know mine is a 6.7 and I'm running a different tuner/pressure box, but is this the type of surging you are talking about? Mine does it most of the time, but when it does NOT do it the truck pulls harder. Not sure if this is FP related or turbo related or what. I can't give any info. on the FP as I only have the PMT to read from right now, and it is fooled by the Power Puck and the boost fooler. Anyways, here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgl9oK9A_aw

man you might be draining the rail a bit. hard to tell from the vid. but they are mainly talking about cruising down the high way and it surgeing

Sounds pretty close. I wish I could hear the sound from my exhaust but I'm sure we are having the same issue operator62. I don't think it is draining the rail as I have a brand new CP3 with the Floor It Better Bag Of Parts on it...

You bet. Same outcome Bob, that's why I'm kinda stumped?? It has always done this with the TNT. The Revo works flawless but the TNT has that weird surge. Could it possibly be a wastegate issue?

Ramrod's truck did the same thing, ended up being something in the transmission that went out causing the surging going down hill etc.

My truck does it as well, Completely stock. I have yet to address the issue.

Mine has done it since stock and throughout the build. I have a full billit tranny and it still does it?

I will try a non POD Smarty. 2 buddies have the exact same trucks with no surge. They both run regular Smarty S06's. Worth a shot.

My truck never surged with TNTR. I swapped CP3 setups from duals to a modded single, and anything other than SW9 surges really bad. On SW9 it's driveable. The surging doesn't happen on stock programming. In my case, it's an FCA issue, not TNT.

Back