Smarty: Wild Rail Pressure?

D45

What's the consensus say.......running wild rp on stock injectors with 100hp nozzles a good or bad idea?

I'm looking for a tad more rp on my 305/555 early 2004

Some have suggested stacking a TS MP8 and keeping the rp on my Smarty SR POD are mild

Last edited:
I'd like to add some extra RP myself on my 03. Cruising pressure is under 15k psi. I'd like to see about 18-20k.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Not certain but I'd say it has to do with emissions.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I believe it has to do with more holes in the injector nozzle over the 04.5+. I could be wrong.

Rail pressure is where the horsepower gains are really at. Having bigger nozzles is a plus when running higher rail pressures. You will have less chance of cracking a nozzle.

I found that upgrading from a regular Smarty to UDC gave me the ability to change my rail pressure where I wanted at any given throttle position, more or less. I also found that if you ramp the rail pressure to fast on the 03-04's that the engine will defuel on high rail pressure (22K+). If you are running a S06 there is room for improvement with UDC for sure. just take a little trial and error...

For the record, after making sure my fuel was clean (AirDog) and putting in the upgraded 6.7L style injectors (DDP 90's), I have been running rather high rail pressures without any problems

I have a very hard time seeing RP over 15K

Air Dog 150
SMARTY SR POD
T&C WILD Fuel Rail
T&C CPRV
II 85% CP3
II 100HP Nozzles

...For the record, after making sure my fuel was clean (AirDog) and putting in the upgraded 6.7L style injectors (DDP 90's), I have been running rather high rail pressures without any problems
So, you're running the 6.7 injectors on the '03-early '04 ECM with no cold start issues?

Interesting.

Mark.

To get good rail pressure on 03 you need a pressure box to dial it in. Diablo makes a good one.

I am going to see what the WILD rail setting does.......

Might need a CP3?

Is wild the last setting on the smarty rail pressure setting? If so as soon at ls you touch the throttle it will go straight to 20k.

For those who have UDC, are you running higher max rail pressures, or just ramping it up at lower loads? I thought the stock injector bodies where rated for a max of around 24,500, or is that just the nozzles?

Still having some what low(er) RP pressure

I am wondering if the FCA might be bad?

DO I have to run an FCA from II, since I am running their 85% CP3 or can I go elsewhere?

Any modded fca will work as long as it was modded correctly. You can run a stock fca if you are just wanting to see if it helps. Granted it won't keep up with a big tune but if its just cruising rp issues it should answer your questions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Side note......how are FCAs modded or what is done to them?

the passages , inlet/ outlet are opened up for more flow, at a faster rate for one. also do not lift quick off the throttle with wild rp set, causing a spike in rp with no where to go but out the pr, causing that piece a lot of grief.

Last edited:
Brett Williams at II said to lower lift pump pressure to 13 psi and this will increase rp

?????

Back