Smogable p pump conversion

inline6power

more hp than you
Is there anyway to get a p pump conversion On a 24v and still pass a Cali smog check? Cel light is the problem. You can take the light out yes but they still scan and check for codes so how would one go about fixing that?

what causes the CEL to go off? just the pump being unplugged? i would think that maybe you could find a way to make a dummy plug and use wires along with resistors to make the code go away.

Nope. Basically, a newer engine would work (common rail) but anything that could be considered older is a no-go. Of course, there's no assurance that the smog people will actually know what they are doing.

Nope. Basically, a newer engine would work (common rail) but anything that could be considered older is a no-go. Of course, there's no assurance that the smog people will actually know what they are doing.

Agreed just wasn't sure if there was a way to trick the cel part of it

sent from my galaxy s3

Alll goods from a 98... Ecm. Pcm.. Everything.. Might do it...

This is true but I would need a 12 motor from 98, 98 harnesses, manual ecm and pcm, ect...... Compared to just p pumping what one already has

sent from my galaxy s3

No ecm, but a pcm and wire harness should do it. It kinda depends on how smart the smog guy is, but there wont be any codes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

No ecm, but a pcm and wire harness should do it. It kinda depends on how smart the smog guy is, but there wont be any codes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Well now you are making my future plans sound even better lol

sent from my galaxy s3

My smog guy is dumb as a box of rocks but does infact check for codes hence my topic lol. He passed my twin turbo vp with 7x12s no problem lol

sent from my galaxy s3

Thank God I don't live in Cali. I don't think I own a vehicle that would pass smog there.

I moved here this last winter, I'm up in lake county. I have been wondering this same thing. Quad box has all but toasted the vp, so I would like to p-pump. I can take the truck back home and we can do it at a friends shop no problem, but I don't want to end up with a truck I can't drive out here.

If you start the swap keep me posted on how it goes! Maybe let me know what shop passes it. I'm close to 5 hours from you but it would be worth the drive if it makes it pass.

I moved here this last winter, I'm up in lake county. I have been wondering this same thing. Quad box has all but toasted the vp, so I would like to p-pump. I can take the truck back home and we can do it at a friends shop no problem, but I don't want to end up with a truck I can't drive out here.

If you start the swap keep me posted on how it goes! Maybe let me know what shop passes it. I'm close to 5 hours from you but it would be worth the drive if it makes it pass.

You got it my friend

sent from my galaxy s3

So I would use my 24v ecm, and 24v engine harness but use 12v pcm? What 12v harness are you guys referring to and would I need a 98 12v fuse block?

sent from my galaxy s3

No, use ONLY A 1998 model 12v engine harness, sensors, and PCM. You would reuse nothing from the 24v system, electrically that is.

Or does the 98 12v even have a ecm? This is making my brain hurt lol. OK 98 pcm, 98 fuse block, 98 engine harness, I will have to figure out the tach since I won't be using the cam sensor any more. What else would I have to do to eliminate the check engine light

sent from my galaxy s3

12v balancer and crank sensor... To go with that harness.. Tach will work

Back