smoke switch

mandly

let it eat
i just did a smoke switch on a cummins for a buddy and it made me wonder if it can be done on a duramax if so how???
thanks jarrad

It can be on an LLY/LBZ. Most likely not on yours since no VVT. All it's doing is giving diesels a bad name and driving your egt's through the roof. Why not just make the power that the smoke comes with ??

Why not just make the power that the smoke comes with ??

EXACTLY. thanks to efi live you can make quite a bit of power on a d max with little to no smoke. PLEASE dont put a smoke switch on your rig. all smoke does is give all the enviros more reason to crack down on diesel truck emissions. sure my truck can smoke out 2 lanes on the highway but i NEVER do it.

on a more serious note to answer your question about the smoke switch. the easier way to smoke is to fill your tank with dirty used motor oil and about 2 gallons of antifreeze and your truck will make all the smoke you want. works best if you put a plastic bag over your air filter too

on a more serious note to answer your question about the smoke switch. the easier way to smoke is to fill your tank with dirty used motor oil and about 2 gallons of antifreeze and your truck will make all the smoke you want. works best if you put a plastic bag over your air filter too

the power will be amazing too! like adding a chip to it.. real sweet like!

you really need to remove the fuel filter for that mod too. that way all the good power and smoke particles can make it to the engine

I heard also that you can make huge power gains by putting axle grease all over your air filter

sorry didn't mean to get you guys all fired up. just had a guy that wanted one put on his duramax if it could be done. i agree on make power and smoke will come with it but he has a stock tranny and dont want to smoke it

i agree on make power and smoke will come with it but he has a stock tranny and dont want to smoke it

So he just wants it to LOOK like he's driving a big HP truck? :hehe:

Look, this site it about competition, where trucks actually have big HP ... well, except for Tyler, but that's besides the point :poke: ... tell your friend that smoke switches are stupid, and if he's worried about his tranny, diesel performance is not the right choice for him.

Why on earth would anyone want their vehicle smoke like something from the Industrial Revolution? What's wrong with having a clean combustion cycle???
fark-innapropriate-children-ads-fork-in-electric-outlet.jpg

i just did a smoke switch on a cummins for a buddy and it made me wonder if it can be done on a duramax if so how???
thanks jarrad

Tard! Hell as stupid as I look in my avatar, even I know better than that. People like you should stick with Hondas.

thanks alot for trying to give all of us diesel people an even worse name. you are officially an idiot! thank you and please never post again!

Last edited:
thats funny coming from the one whos avatar has himself laying down a coal line

Back