Smoked cab lights

cerickson

fullpull108
I have been looking at getting some smoked cab lights, smoked fender lights, and smoked third brake light for the wifes dually. Looking at the Anzo brand with the led lights. Anybody use this brand or are Recon preferred? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Going for the blacked out look with subtle chrome accents. Leaving chrome simulator wheels with chrome badging. Taking off chrome nerf step and replacing them with black steps. I'm not a fan of a lot of flashy parts.

I'm wanting to smoke the cab lights on my Kenworth. But I highly doubt anyone makes smoked lights for a W923. So, I'm going to mix a touch of black paint in with clear coat and paint the lights.

I know guys have Anzos on their trucks. Hope they chime in some time.

Was the lights just lense replacements or did you have to rewire for the led? The Anzo lights look exactly like Recons, with just led bulbs. All I will be using is the lenses for the cab lights and the fender lights. Looking at their G2 third brake light.

have smoked recon cab lights on my truck, they work for the most part, sometimes i gotta smack them to get them to work.

ive ran anzo smoked tailights and they work great, recon are good but i have had some problems with them lighting up and having to smack them a few times to get them to turn on

So pretty much there are mixed reviews on the recons? Its going to be on the wifes truck so you all know that my little lady won't want to smack the lights to get them to work.

If you have to smack the lights then you clearly have a poor ground. Not an issue with the product. DC voltage is very ground sensitive.

Guess I'm going to pull the trigger and try some Anzos. Will post when I get them on to let you know how the fit and finish are. And how they perform. Fingers crossed they work good, wifey hates me buying stuff and it doesn't work out

I take it the truck already has cab lights on it? My 96 3/4 ton doesn't I've been considering putting them on, but just a little hesitant about drilling holes in my roof!

If you have to smack the lights then you clearly have a poor ground. Not an issue with the product. DC voltage is very ground sensitive.

Then when they still dont work after i smack them i take the screws out and wiggle the wires in the back of the bulb then they work, i believe thats the junk product!

LEDs are very sensitive, in a way that if the connection is not perfect they don't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the truck already has the lights, just got to replace the covers. Would you recommend switching the bulbs with the leds or just keep the stock lights?

I'm wanting to smoke the cab lights on my Kenworth. But I highly doubt anyone makes smoked lights for a W923. So, I'm going to mix a touch of black paint in with clear coat and paint the lights.

There is special spray paint if you rather do that than mix your own. Most O'Reilly's have it possibly walmart too, I think what I've seen is Krylon brand if I remember correctly

Back