snow water kits

dirtydozen

it is what it is
anybody runnin these kits form snow performance? i need to do somethin about my egts...i would like to try some water. but, i dont wanna buy one of these kits and only get a 100 degree egt drop.

just curious if what kind of set ups and egt drops you guys are seeing??

one of my friends (01cumminssport) used to run one of these kits with a silver bullet and 7x.018s and he got like a 200-250* drop

I run the Snow stage 3/Max Mpg and love it. My EGT's used to tap 1500 very easy and since i installed that last summer i can run down the road at 85 with the boat and not break 1200 ever! I highly recomend it! I just run water because it is one thirsty b**ch. The methanol gets spendy.

you know which kit it was? like which stage? 1, 2 or 3?

it was either the stage 1 or 2. only injected with boost, didn't monitor EGTs. he also got the 7 gallon reservois with it because he knew he would be using it a lot. worked great though. eventually ill be getting the stage 3 kit for my truck.

running one of their stage 3 setups with 2 nozzles and the 250 psi pump on mine and it holds the egts pretty good. adds a bit of power too. always run mine off boost. seems to handle things better than it does off the egts

Cooling??

Devils own water injection:
Put their kit on my truck, did not see much cooling but did see 60-80 HP more
What I did see cooling from was to mod the exhaust housing.
Drill the waste gate from 3/4 inch to 1 inch and cut out the divider to make it a common area. It does spool a little slower

Attachments

• P1080383.jpg
    P1080383.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 34
running one of their stage 3 setups with 2 nozzles and the 250 psi pump on mine and it holds the egts pretty good. adds a bit of power too. always run mine off boost. seems to handle things better than it does off the egts

so what do you mean by 'holds the egts pretty good'? like 250/300 degree drop? and is that about the max number of nozzles you can run with the 250psi pump?

like i can peg my 1600 degree pyro no prob in less than an 1/8th mile...but it runs good...slight haze at WOT. i have an external gate on the way to hopefully relieve some drive pressure so i hope thats gonna help too. but i was just curious if one of these kits is gonna be a waste of money for me????

Might consider swapping out the full cuts for something milder that doesnt pour so much fuel right off the line, thats why it runs so hot in the first place.

so what do you mean by 'holds the egts pretty good'? like 250/300 degree drop? and is that about the max number of nozzles you can run with the 250psi pump?

like i can peg my 1600 degree pyro no prob in less than an 1/8th mile...but it runs good...slight haze at WOT. i have an external gate on the way to hopefully relieve some drive pressure so i hope thats gonna help too. but i was just curious if one of these kits is gonna be a waste of money for me????

its a good 300 degree drop on mine. the most ive hit is 1300 degrees or so on a hard run with the water/meth on. without the water meth i can hit 1600 no problem. running 2 625ml nozzles on mine. running around 30% methanol in my mix

If you would run straight water wouldn't that rust the head pretty well? Just thinking it can't be good to suck a chunk of rust in.

I just pulled my motor down to the bare block after running water for almost a year and it was shiny as hell. Cleaner than most that i have seen!

I have a stage 3 kit installed with the biggest nozzles and I don't see any egt reduction. I think the kit will work for slightly modified and stock trucks, all others will need a professional kit.

Back