So how many entry's are not going to be able to make it?

bdp

beans diesel performance
looks like 3 so far have had to bow out, is there more?

I knew the Feb date was going to be tough to make but starting our build in Nov I thought we could manage it. Well I still dont have an engine in my shop for it. I will be lucky to make TS at this rate.

I think a race this big in payout may be better suited for the heart of race season. After everyone has worked out bugs had plenty of time to get used to thier truck etc. Love the idea wish I could go just wish we had more time to get ready!:doh:

Road Trip time :nos:

I thought about going down there to watch it was 1600 miles one way so 3200 total/50mpg=64 gallons of Diesel*3.50=225 dollars to drive there and back not to bad. Of course 48hrs in a car doesnt sound like fun.

I highly doubt the competitors that do make it care at all about the trucks that don't.
For every truck that drops out their odds of winning go up.
I know if I had an entry I'd hope like hell that every other entry broke and couldn't make it. LOL

anybody discuss payout total being based on a full list of entries? 50 grand for 16 trucks, 40 for 12 ?...... might get some incentives up to persuade others to get their trucks to the track.

I highly doubt the competitors that do make it care at all about the trucks that don't.
For every truck that drops out their odds of winning go up.
I know if I had an entry I'd hope like hell that every other entry broke and couldn't make it. LOL

Ya I know if I was goin this thread would be great news!

But.... for me its total FAIL

anybody discuss payout total being based on a full list of entries? 50 grand for 16 trucks, 40 for 12 ?...... might get some incentives up to persuade others to get their trucks to the track.

Jeff and I are almost 100% in agreement on awarding the first place truck in Super Stock $25,000.00. And depending on how much more we collect this weekend we will structure a payout. Originally, if 100 trucks entered that is the most that first place was going to pay anyway. I have talked to some racers out of south Florida that said they may bring upwards of 5 more Super Stock entries. Fella's, I know this race is not perfect. But it is what it is, let's promote it for the betterment of the sport. We can all get together and make the next ones even better! The next Super Stock class race will be the Suncoast Converters Gatornationals. From what I have heard and people I have talked to the NHRDA MAY include this class in all of it's event's this year. So all of these trucks we built will get plenty of chances to run from now on. To each and everyone who has helped in anyway........THANK YOU. Gary

Jeff and I are almost 100% in agreement on awarding the first place truck in Super Stock $25,000.00. And depending on how much more we collect this weekend we will structure a payout. Originally, if 100 trucks entered that is the most that first place was going to pay anyway. I have talked to some racers out of south Florida that said they may bring upwards of 5 more Super Stock entries. Fella's, I know this race is not perfect. But it is what it is, let's promote it for the betterment of the sport. We can all get together and make the next ones even better! The next Super Stock class race will be the Suncoast Converters Gatornationals. From what I have heard and people I have talked to the NHRDA MAY include this class in all of it's event's this year. So all of these trucks we built will get plenty of chances to run from now on. To each and everyone who has helped in anyway........THANK YOU. Gary

i can tell you this gary, and im not being rude so dont take it that way. if you guys have this race and first place gets all the money i bet you will never get anyone else to ever attend another one like it....

if there is no support down the line 2nd 3rd 4th 5th....10th.....There will be no one that shows to race again. so if you into a one hit wonder then fine have at it, but if you want to get this thing big then you need to think about the whole picture, as it seems it was just kinda thrown together...real fast...

Just sayin, i know several who have voiced about this allready.

he never said it was a one hit payoff, 25 to the winner and they said with smarty influx of money they already have 40 grand in, leaving 15 to trickle down. still plenty of time for other money to trickle in as well, who knows, purse could top 50.

i can tell you this gary, and im not being rude so dont take it that way. if you guys have this race and first place gets all the money i bet you will never get anyone else to ever attend another one like it....

if there is no support down the line 2nd 3rd 4th 5th....10th.....There will be no one that shows to race again. so if you into a one hit wonder then fine have at it, but if you want to get this thing big then you need to think about the whole picture, as it seems it was just kinda thrown together...real fast...

Just sayin, i know several who have voiced about this allready.

I don't mean to sound like a dick either but life sucks, they knew what kind of race it was going to be when they signed on...

Bean, if my tranny was here I would say bring some slicks and pick mine up on the way through and we could work something out if you won LOL.

I don't mean to sound like a dick either but life sucks, they knew what kind of race it was going to be when they signed on...

Thats not true. Like a few have already said, rules were changed AFTER many were already paid and entered. I entered the race as a 66mm turbo rule. If I would have known it was gonna be 2.6, I would not have entered. But I think Gary is making the best of the situation and I'll support whatever he decides about payout. I hope its not winner take all because no one will enter these races again. But Im in Bradenton now and I'm excited about making the best of it. Im ready to race!

It doesnt really matter either way to me. I came to race. But I have talked to several of the entries and all have said they will not enter another one if its winner take all. I wont be racing this class anymore anyway. But to keep it alive, I think Gary is making the right decision.

It doesnt really matter either way to me. I came to race. But I have talked to several of the entries and all have said they will not enter another one if its winner take all. I wont be racing this class anymore anyway. But to keep it alive, I think Gary is making the right decision.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN MUTHAEFFIN DINNER!!! Somebody get this man a beer.

LOL LOL LOL

Back