So I thought I was sitting inside a paint shaker!

a24vc

Direct Deposit
I experienced death wobble for the first time last week! Holy crap!!! Checked the front end, tie rods have a slight bit of up and down play if squeezed with pliers, and the brake pads are worn down. Other than that everything seems pretty solid. I have researched this and everyone says that it could be anything. The truck does have coil spacers and due to that the front shocks seem to be over extended. Could this contribute to the problem? It only happened going 60+ and when i hit a bridge gap. On the other hand I'm not really In a hurry to go try it again till I do some changes. Sorry if this is a bunch if jibberish, but this is how my mind thinks sometimes. :bang

Any help would be appreciated.

Check everything in this list.

Control arm bushings
Track bar bushing and ball joint
Tie rod ends
Ball joints
Steering Gear
Sway bar bushings and links
Shocks and shock bushings
Wheel bearings
Wheel nuts
Tires for damage

usually death wobble starts from side-side play. check, and double chaek your inner/outer tire rods, then look at the steering stabilizer.

my truck had some death wobble a few months back with a steering stabilizer that acted like it had air trapped in it, replaced it and never had another issue.

I've never noticed this before , but does 94-97 have 2 steering stabilizer shocks? Not a dual shock set up, one is hooked from the axle to the left tie rod and the other goes from the frame to the drag link? I think that's what it is

Could be anything listed above. If u have coil spacers the stock trackbar is probably pulling your axle off center and wearing out the ball joint at the frame end. Steering box stabilizer is a good investment, they can be had for around $125 if u look around

Back