So many questions

97 D-Tec

1. What ways can you get take the valve springs off. w/o having the valve drop down into the cylinder. I know tdc would work but how do you know when ur there if you cant see the piston itself.
2. Any recommend dations for front shocks on a 2wd
3. Any recommendations to fix steering slop on a 2wd. I know psc sells the crossmember and what not for it but does it really work?
4. How much more lag would i gain if i switched from a 64/71/14 to a 66/71/14?

pull the injectors and use a screw driver or something like that in the hole. All you need to pull would be 2 and 3 if you still have a timing pin.

i pulled all six injectors to make it easier to roll over and stuck pieces of wire down and while turning it over watched til it hit the high point and started to go back down

You have companion cylinders, 1,6 then 2,5 and 3,4. So no need to pull all six.

they make adapters to hook an air hose in your injector port thn put some air to it

You have companion cylinders, 1,6 then 2,5 and 3,4. So no need to pull all six.

i know i just did anyways either way you could still stick the wire in the first three cylinders and watch when i gets to the highest point.

I just use clothes pins (steal my wifes bucket of them) clip them on good to go.

I just tack weld them to the head to keep them in place.

Just compress the spring a little and roll the motor over until the piston pushes the valve up. Then continue on with compressing the spring.

Back