SO pump on HO motor

Would it hurt anything to try it. It was a HO truck with a SO pump and it would smoke white and then he put the HO key on the SO pump and it ran like it should.

I dont know how true this is but someone just told me that the key number is matched to the gear. I thought that the key was matched with the pump. The guy told me that he sold someone a pump and it ran like my truck did and then he switched the key from the old pump and that fixed his problem. I think i got a bad pump but i want to try everything i can before i give up on this pump.

Do not use the wrong key in the pump.

They ship with the correct key installed. It will not work to put the wrong key in the pump.

You don't need to change ECMs or anything else to run an SO pump on an HO truck. A lot of places get hit with an extra core charge if they return an HO pump instead of an SO pump, so they make up this wild ass lies to convince people not to switch from an HO to an SO.

You've got a bad pump. **** happens. If you bought it new, get it covered by warranty. If you bought it used, get your money back. It sucks, but it happens. Good luck getting it figured out!

Thanks dude, thats what i figured. The guy I bought it from said that he took it off his truck and boxed and shipped. Some strange reason I dont believe him. Anyone out there willing to put in on their truck to see if it works.....

well i talked to a guy that told me to use the key from the HO pump and that will solve the problem. should i even waste my time trying this......

i think your first step is to get it tested.

buying a used vp44 is like buying an ice cube and having it shipped to Florida in a paper envelope.

The shop you have it checked at might be able to repair it less expensive than buying a complete rebuilt piece.

Whats does the SO mean when your describing the pumps...just trying to get my terminology right.

is there places out there to rebuild vp pumps, if so anybody got a price on how much

Back