Soild mount block and transmission

ramtough01

Doing some searching and didn't seem to find much. I have seen where people have made a mount to stiffing up the block and trans by the bell housing and backing plate. What have some people done and if have pictures looking to do that for my truck this year.

I cut 1/2"x 4" flat bar to match the contour of the 3/4" spacer for my HMR clutch. Welded them to the spacer and used four 5/8 bolts to attach it to flat bar mounts welded inside the frame.

Wish my clutch had a spacer I would weld it like that. I have a valiar clutch that don't use a spacer. Kinda thinking of tracing a couple the bolt hole on the bell housing and doing that

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

This is what I did. I welded angle iron to the frame and then traced out the trans and made the mounts.
1d8de6c73f9c4f5e44e324e5027d2aec.jpg
047cdaa412320199fc3596f652810794.jpg

I don't have any pics on my phone but when I went to the dropbox and reverser I used a plasma cutter and cut out a piece of 3/8 aluminum that goes between the entire bell housing and backing plate. I took the backing plate to the machine shop and had them cut the backing plate down the exact thickness of the plate so all my tolerances were exactly the same as oem. I welded angle on the frame and bolted the aluminum to the frame. Worked like a charm till I went to a can

Here is the front plate rear plate and Dropbox mount

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
What are the advantages of adding a solid mount? Obviously the engine won't rock as much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What are the advantages of adding a solid mount? Obviously the engine won't rock as much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Without engine moving, v band connections can be used and more rotational force goes towards moving vehicle forward

Without engine moving, v band connections can be used and more rotational force goes towards moving vehicle forward

I've always been told not to do solid mounts because it cracks engine blocks. The mounts are there to soften the blow.

There is a difference between replacing the stock engine mounts with something solid and running engine plates...especially the three pictured above.

Back