Sold my 3rd gen move to a 4th, pics and thoughts

RyeThomas

Picked up a 4th gen after 3 bombed 3rd gens and have to say I am very impressed. I drove a bunch of new 13/14 trucks over the last 18 months and I couldn't pull the trigger. Then I had the opportunity to drive an 11 non HO, 12 HO, 13 back to back to back and well from a drivers standpoint and in my opinion the 12 beat them hands down and is has been in my driveway for about a month.
[ame="http://s180.photobucket.com/user/simplyrye/media/IMG_1407_zpsd1e1930e.jpg.html"]IMG_1407_zpsd1e1930e.jpg Photo by simplyrye | Photobucket[/ame]
My wheels and tires along with my RollBak from my 3rd gen were part of the deal, along with the fact they gave me darn near what I paid 6 years and 40k miles ago for my trade.

My thoughts so far are the 6.7 is an absolute torque monster, the 68re shifts seamlessly and its so nice not to be screaming down the road with a 48 and 4.10's. The exhaust brake is awesome in tow haul, and if you hold down the downshift button well my water jug ended up on the floor [laugh]. The ride and road noise is much improved. For the first time in 12 or so years I can honestly say I am 100% content with a stock powered truck! this thing hauls the mail.

Now so many say you must delete and these rigs are fuel hogs, and while I do agree to a point I think some have no idea what a heavy diesel brick should or will get. Thus far hand calculated I'm within .5-.7 mpg of my 3rd gen. Overall with winter fuel I'm sure it will dip more but lifetime hand calculated on my 06 Mega modded with 4.10s got a whopping 14.7 (none of my third gens ever were close to the 20 MPG mythical 5.9 creature) this is going to be close again even with towing and DD I'm not that far behind. I have no intention of deleting, sure I can agree it may lead to better MPG but at what cost? In my experience I'm doing about average and I'm ok with that.

Oh and my little Massey doing some work, surprised how well this truck tows stock [guitar].

[ame="http://s180.photobucket.com/user/simplyrye/media/12tow_zps9831d4f5.jpg.html"]12tow_zps9831d4f5.jpg Photo by simplyrye | Photobucket[/ame]

Oh and I forgot to add the AC has to be turned DOWN or my kids complain while on any of my 3rd gens they would sweat and complain. Only thing I miss is the Mega, but the upgrade to SLT and the added premium for the Mega is money I don't have, or don't want to spend.

I understand most will say shut up and delete, but for the first time I'm gonna try this warranty thing people speak of :poke:

Sorry for the lack of direct pics I can't figure it out :doh:, see sig Jarheads aren't the brightest.

IMG_1407_zpsd1e1930e.jpg~320x480

12tow_zps9831d4f5.jpg~320x480

Back