solenoids, nozzles bad luck?

osiris

Ok so first of all I have talked to a couple people and they have given me some ideas on where to look, but I wanted to post here and see what you all think as well. I have a 2006 with the following mods:

-EFI
-64/480
-flux 2.5
-10mm pump from Shane
-helix 2 cam
-studs
-banks intercooler and intake horn
-built trans
-raptor 150
Im probably missing something, but that is the majority of my build up. Anyway I change my fuel filter ever 3-5k miles and use a Baldwin 5mic filter in the stock location. Seems that I go through injectors like most people go through underwear. I have pulled them and sent them off 5 times in the last 70K miles which seems a little excessive to me. The times that I can remember I have had "debris" that causes a nozzle or 2 to get stuck open and I have had several faulty solenoids. I have checked the injector harness for signs of shorting and have not found anything to indicate that I am having a shorting problem. I am currently waiting on Don to let me know what if anything he finds in the nozzles to rule out metal from the rail/pump area. What else can I check or do to keep my truck running longer than 6k miles? I understand that once you go away from stock you are at risk, but seriously, I can't get more that 6-10K between injector changes? Oh I have also recently purchased a 2mic filter from GDP that mounts up on the head...

Thanks

Did you back flush your lines when you changed injectors? Could the cp3 be making debris?

lines were flushed last time... not sure if the cp3 is or not, waiting to hear back from Don as to what he might think is causing the issues.

A 2 micron filter will eliminate all debris issues! Since I put mine inline no issues! If you want a part # let me know!

You been replacing the whole injector with a new unit when the solenoid shorts? Or just swapping solenoids? Or using reman injectors?

The debris should be gone once the 2mic filter is in. Unless your getting debris post filter and pre injectors.

You been replacing the whole injector with a new unit when the solenoid shorts? Or just swapping solenoids? Or using reman injectors?

The debris should be gone once the 2mic filter is in. Unless your getting debris post filter and pre injectors.

I am not positive of don's methods I thought he was rebuilding them or something along those lines, I am not sure...

Back