something happened...

96cumminsJSD

We were driving and i heard the turbo bark twice while letting off the throttle... then shortly after we accelerated up a slight hill and heard a bang.. sounded to me like a boot coming off at first but instead of just being an instant bang it made a loud noise then released pressure. similar to a tire popping. at first it was loud then it got quieter as it released all of the pressure.. "this whole process lasted about 2 or 3 seconds" ... also keep in mind we can still make boost. just about 5lbs.. all the truck has done to it is a 100hp chip (this is my dads truck, which i know almost nothing about since i only usually learn about cummins..)

We were driving and i heard the turbo bark twice while letting off the throttle... then shortly after we accelerated up a slight hill and heard a bang.. sounded to me like a boot coming off at first but instead of just being an instant bang it made a loud noise then released pressure. similar to a tire popping. at first it was loud then it got quieter as it released all of the pressure.. "this whole process lasted about 2 or 3 seconds" ... also keep in mind we can still make boost. just about 5lbs.. all the truck has done to it is a 100hp chip (this is my dads truck, which i know almost nothing about since i only usually learn about cummins..)

LOL if its a third gen with a plastic intercooler.. i can guarantee a tank blew off!!!

i guess i should have checked the location of the thread, eh? LOL

Yeah, not a dodge. 3rd gen DODGE could have def. blew the intercooler.

Pressurize the system and see where you hear an air leak from. You either have a blown boot, or intercooler.

Off topic, but what did your dodge run at the drag strip with those mods?

Eric

Back