Southbend Double disc G56 Noise

I have an 06 and I just put in a southbend double disc... I ground all the webbing down and did everything like I was suppose to. Im kinda new to all this but I had a double disc in my old truck and it rattled when the clutch was engaged but it wasnt a g56. This one is silent when it is engaged but at idle with the clutch disengaged it makes all kinds of noise. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks

Least favorite thing about my truck..... its very annoying, but normal for these.

REALLY! Friend of mine has one in his 06, if he lets out on the clutch fast with it in neutral it will rattle. Let it out slow and its quiet. Wierd!

Just checking, did you pull the washer out from under the pivot ball?

You might be hearing gear chatter(its what you hear at idle with the clutch pedal out)what I did to help was but on a fliudamper and Lucas trans additive. Some drain the ATF and put in gear oil. Its way quieter now before it sounded like it was going to fall out.

I just recently put a SB DD 3600 in my truck and dont have the rattle that most of the guys I know with them have. But on occasion I will get some gear rollover and a bit of chatter when the clutch pedal is out in neutral. Im gonna put gorilla juice in it instead of ATF and see how much that helps with the noise. But DD as the instruction state they do rattle

Im gonna put gorilla juice in it instead of ATF and see how much that helps with the noise.

I've been contemplating that myself...not so much for the noise, but for the added insurance for the longevity, ease of shifting, etc.

Let us know how it works out!

--Eric

I will report back like I said I dont have much idle chatter but the gear rollover is there once in a while. The lugging or trying to accelerate through 15-1700 rpms is what bothers me the most. I have 3:42 gears and 37 toyos with the 6 stick heck i ggota run 84 MPH to get to 2000 rpms in 6th gear and seems my normal driving area is always around that 15-1700 rpm range

will report back

Back